• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ARB locker question

mad chemist

How many of you are running your lockers directly from a compressor, versus a secondary tank that gets filled by the compressor?

Thanks,

David

I ran mine off a secondary tank about 6 years ago when I ran an arb pump. Just make sure its regulated and your good.

Nice thing about the tank is the compressor only cycles when the tank gets low

JayH said:
I run mine directly off my OBA system. No ARB compressor at all.

Mine is that way except I have a small tank so I can get like 30 shots before the compressor kicks on...

mad chemist said:
How many of you are running your lockers directly from a compressor, versus a secondary tank that gets filled by the compressor?

Thanks,

David

I run mine straight off the ARB compressor.

Thanks guys, sounds like there's (as usual!) no one way to do it. I don't want to go through the hassle of running the lines directly to the compressor if its going to burn out from cycling on and off more often. At the same time, I don't feel like finding a spot for a tank under the truck if it isn't really needed.

I run mine off my OBA system. I have a 2.5gallon tank on my fenderwell and it's regulated down to 100psi for the solenoids..

I like the fact I can run the arbs all day off the tank for the most part. not a bad failsafe if your oba compressor goes out.

I'm going to rig my system so there is a QD right before the 1-way valve.. (in case my compressor does go out, I can have someone fill my tank for me with their compressor/oba)..

I have both my F/R running off the air tank and compressor that came with the set, I have that mounted along the core support rod between the batteries and the grill of my CJ.

I also have OBA which I turned my nerf bars into tanks which runs off the york a/c pump. (still have to finish running a couple of lines)

but to each application brings many varieties. If you don't mind the pump recycle then off the factory pump is fine.

This is my third rig with dual ARB's and Ive always run them off the standard tank. Even when I had an air system set up for tires and tools I still used the ARB compressor. I liked that it was a stand alone. Ive always had good luck with them.