• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ARCS & AOP 2014 Rules

I haven't read the rules just figured being smart and safe as always was going to be the standard
with that said if arm restraints and nets r mandentory I'm out

kturner said:
They start making exemptions and you may as well throw the rules out the window.IMO. Im just not going to race.I feel mine is set up with safety in mind.I may be wrong , I sure hope not. My fuel pump shuts off with the ignition key and theres a cut off switch located in the back so someone could shut it off from outside the vechicle.A fire extinguisher is located between the driver and passenger seat and soon going to mount one in the back by the disconnect.I thought I was setting it up originally to last years rules.Ive gotta get faster at building these rigs .LOL

I hope they can find a way for Randall to race :****:

muddinmetal said:
If they wont tweak the rules for Randall Key, I hope they dont sell a single ****ing ticket :****:

The rule should be for everyone.

There is no reason this should be an issue. I do not see how this could effect your driving, other than to keep your arm in the cockpit.

367_l.jpg

With all the fires, a fire suit would be a plus too. A little pricey, but what isn't in racing.

If an unconscience driver were to flip upside down and catch fire, would the people trying to get them out have the familiarity and presense of mind to undo the harness, restraints, and nets? Rules should usually apply to everyone, that's why they are rules, but I dont think it is fair to everyone in this particular situation

The normal arm restraints attach to the seat belt latch. There is no additional steps to get out. The window nets have a seat belt buckle that is obvious to even the novice. These safety devices will not comprise the safety, but enhance it as designed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk with my left thumb.

If you have arm restraints ( any style) you DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE WINDOW NETS... Just to be clear about that. It's an EITHER OR not BOTH...

A copy and paste from Tom's post... Can't be said much better... This should truly be a non-issue if a fellow wants to race for prize money

"please take time to review the safety rules posted earlier and attached here again. There has been a lot of talk about Rule #7 dealing with limb restraints. Please understand this rule as it is written. Some drivers and rigs will only need one restraint. When you are strapped into your seat, the limb restraints must function to not allow any of your limbs to come out of vehicle. For example, if you have a vehicle with roof panels or your seat is low enough you may only need one limb restraint for your left arm to keep it from going out the side. Take a few minutes and strap yourself into your vehicle and check your movements. Hope this helps. please feel free to email or send a message if you have any questions."

muddinmetal said:
If an unconscience driver were to flip upside down and catch fire, would the people trying to get them out have the familiarity and presense of mind to undo the harness, restraints, and nets? Rules should usually apply to everyone, that's why they are rules, but I dont think it is fair to everyone in this particular situation

If your not racing then stop bashing them and let them run their business.

TURNEROFFROAD said:
If you have arm restraints ( any style) you DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE WINDOW NETS... Just to be clear about that. It's an EITHER OR not BOTH...

A copy and paste from Tom's post... Can't be said much better... This should truly be a non-issue if a fellow wants to race for prize money

"please take time to review the safety rules posted earlier and attached here again. There has been a lot of talk about Rule #7 dealing with limb restraints. Please understand this rule as it is written. Some drivers and rigs will only need one restraint. When you are strapped into your seat, the limb restraints must function to not allow any of your limbs to come out of vehicle. For example, if you have a vehicle with roof panels or your seat is low enough you may only need one limb restraint for your left arm to keep it from going out the side. Take a few minutes and strap yourself into your vehicle and check your movements. Hope this helps. please feel free to email or send a message if you have any questions."

After finally getting mine out of the pack last night, this is exactly what I was hoping for. I am pretty sure I couldn't function with my right arm tied down. I do feel for Randall and hope the left hand only he will fall under. I am hoping to fall under it myself. I cant reach my kill switch or extingusher with the short straps.

I feel it's ok to 'tweak' the arm restraint as needed for it to accommodate YOU in YOUR buggy... Hopefully we can make this work and make full on competition a safer thing all the way around. Again if you need to 'make them work' in your circumstance then by all means do it to it! Just want you guys to all have your arms after the day is over.

Thanks
Ty

TURNEROFFROAD said:

see, I missed this, my bad, crying over.

civicmindedex79 said:
After finally getting mine out of the pack last night, this is exactly what I was hoping for. I am pretty sure I couldn't function with my right arm tied down. I do feel for Randall and hope the left hand only he will fall under. I am hoping to fall under it myself. I cant reach my kill switch or extingusher with the short straps.
so what your saying is the straps are to short to do anything, forgive me but I have never used them or seen them in person but sounds like to me if your strapped to your lap belt then how are you supposed to shift gear's, work the rear steer and what no t's remember I've never used or seen these things just wondering how they work, the straps look really short in the picture that John posted.

tbacon38 said:
so what your saying is the straps are to short to do anything, forgive me but I have never used them or seen them in person but sounds like to me if your strapped to your lap belt then how are you supposed to shift gear's, work the rear steer and what no t's remember I've never used or seen these things just wondering how they work, the straps look really short in the picture that John posted.

Maybe my buggy is set up wrong but my Gforce straps are 20" long. From my lap belt to my kill switch is 24". So maybe so maybe not???? For sure can't reach my key or switches on the dash. I understand that they can be longer but currently mine are not. My extinguisher is over 30" from my lap belt. Just some real world looking at what I have in my set up.

I have a brother that drag races and uses them but in a drag car everything is built right around you. Not at a distance or even where is convenient.

Does anyone know if they make extensions for these things?

Also if you are searching for these if you just put in "arm restraints" in google everybody at work looks at you really weird and lots of blacklisted items come up. :****: molaugh
Make sure to search "motorsports arm restraints"

Thanks for the Clarity John and great video demonstration, they look fairly simple and I think anyone could use them after seeing the video.

civicmindedex79 said:
Maybe my buggy is set up wrong but my Gforce straps are 20" long. From my lap belt to my kill switch is 24". So maybe so maybe not???? For sure can't reach my key or switches on the dash. I understand that they can be longer but currently mine are not. My extinguisher is over 30" from my lap belt. Just some real world looking at what I have in my set up.

I have a brother that drag races and uses them but in a drag car everything is built right around you. Not at a distance or even where is convenient.

Does anyone know if they make extensions for these things?

Also if you are searching for these if you just put in "arm restraints" in google everybody at work looks at you really weird and lots of blacklisted items come up. :****: molaugh
Make sure to search "motorsports arm restraints"

Is it possible to modify the rules to allow for only one arm restraint to be worn, being the one closest to the outside of the vehicle allowing movement to vital switches, etc? After all, you would have to be ejected or hand go through a roof panel( ie, bars)in order to be in harms way. I'm just looking for solutions, not conflictions. :dblthumb:

CHASMAN9 said:
Is it possible to modify the rules to allow for only one arm restraint to be worn, being the one closest to the outside of the vehicle allowing movement to vital switches, etc? After all, you would have to be ejected or hand go through a roof panel( ie, bars)in order to be in harms way. I'm just looking for solutions, not conflictions. :dblthumb:

from above - this may answer your question?

"A copy and paste from Tom's post... Can't be said much better... This should truly be a non-issue if a fellow wants to race for prize money

Latest posts