• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Are 43sx stickies that much better than std 43sx ?

fabricator1

So with all the 43 vs reds vs treps threads, I'm curious if you already have a good set of 43 sx non stickies is it worth the swap to the stickies?

fabricator1 said:
So with all the 43 vs reds vs treps threads, I'm curious if you already have a good set of 43 sx non stickies is it worth the swap to the stickies?

Yes night and day difference. I had a new set of non stickies I took on two trips, sold them and bought stickies after that.

No. Simply because I can't afford to. So it is absolutely not worth it.
Catch me when I finally find a set used I can afford then I will be signing a different tune.

I've never had them in non-sticky but I'd be surprised if you get anyone honestly saying stickies aren't leaps ahead of non.

I've had 2 sets of regular 43sx and 2 sets of stickies. The difference is like you putting a locker in the back vrs open. :****:

Re:

If you're a trail rider / bypass cleaner like me.....you don't think twice about buying stickies. Regular tough SXs serve my needs.

I don't run cable hill...waterfall....bounty hills. If you have a rig built for things like that though, you'd be stupid not to run them.

It's all in your personal priorities.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

I know this is a slight difference (the 43sx is a little softer than the 42sx2), but it was a night and day difference for me as well. really liked my sx2s until I bought stickies. lol

huge size difference too. 42"sx2 vs 43"sticky

I owned a set for a few weeks (had to buy them in a package deal) , hard as a rock, didn't even think about running them.

Huge difference. Like Tony said, if you don't like actually making cool obstacles, go for it.

Re:

I had the same questions and end up selling my new set of non stickes before they even hit the trail.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Big enough difference to make me sick on my last ride. It was at Harlan in a monsoon and seemed to play an even bigger role in the slop. I'm still disgruntled :****:

If you've got a rig built to handle 43's in general then getting a set of stickies will allow you to be easier on your junk too. In other words the stickies will keep you from having to beat on it so hard. Then if you wanna get stupid with it you know you've got that much better chance of making it.

Forbanger said:
Big enough difference to make me sick on my last ride. It was at Harlan in a monsoon and seemed to play an even bigger role in the slop. I'm still disgruntled :****:

:rolf: molaugh :stir:

It's ok buddy. Just borrow Craig's for the weekend and you will feel better.

The stickies can make an amazing difference. I am with poolman. Anytime someone asks me the difference I tell them it is like installing a locker or like a drag car going from street tires to slicks. No comparison and once you cross that line there is no going back.

clemsonjeep said:
If you've got a rig built to handle 43's in general then getting a set of stickies will allow you to be easier on your junk too. In other words the stickies will keep you from having to beat on it so hard. Then if you wanna get stupid with it you know you've got that much better chance of making it.

Exactly! I was breaking stuff all the time with 44" tsl's. I haven't broke one part since, I went to stickies.

scooter60 said:
:rolf: molaugh :stir:

It's ok buddy. Just borrow Craig's for the weekend and you will feel better.

The stickies can make an amazing difference. I am with poolman. Anytime someone asks me the difference I tell them it is like installing a locker or like a drag car going from street tires to slicks. No comparison and once you cross that line there is no going back.

Thanks Scooter. Nothing like a good buddy! :flipgotcha: :flipoff1:

The tough pill to swallow is the price difference. When I was buying tires for my build, it was appx. $250 difference on the $43" sticky vs non. $1000 would go a long ways towards other stuff I needed. I bought regular 43" SX

Now I know you can't turn a non into a sticky but we have been playing with different cuts in the tread to improve traction. We have been cutting a slit in the center lugs directly across the width of the tire. We use a sawzall and a wood blade. We have found it lets the tire fold and conform a little better. We were running 3 to 4 psi and now we are up to 6psi and seem to have the same traction, a little more belly clearance, beads hold a little better.

They will never be stickys but as just a Joe Blow recreational wheeler, they do the job.

When I started wheeling there was this bad ass that had 35" and a locker in the rear. He was a god at our local mud hole. Now my wife daily drives on 37" and still thinks her JK looks small. How times have changed!!!