• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ATTN... Width Poll for Evans Creek...

What width is your rig, bulge to bulge???

• Total voters
I chose 72-80.

The Barbie Jeep is currently 73" but if i change wheels i can get it down to 69". Yeah i can meet 72" but it would limit many other people i know who are close or over 80".

I was a bit surprised when i seen the sign at Tahuya that read 96" or less :eeek:

I was a bit surprised when i seen the sign at Tahuya that read 96" or less :eeek:

Wheel base??? If so, I gots lots o room to spare at only 82.5"!!!:haha: Thinking about it, it's funny my width and WB are so close:eeek:....nevermind, it's not funny:booo:.....

Wheel base??? If so, I gots lots o room to spare at only 82.5"!!!:haha: Thinking about it, it's funny my width and WB are so close:eeek:....nevermind, it's not funny:booo:.....

Others can correct me if i am wrong but i do believe it was refering to width.

It created a disscision with the guys i was with, and we talked about being able to bring our tow rigs (not that we ever would).

The current rules in the FSH (Forest Service Handbook) state that all new Class 2 Trails should accomodate vehicles that are 72 - 84 inches wide.

I kinda think we need specific numbers...go to your trail rig(s), inflate tires to 15 psi & measure for overall width...tires, body, flares. (the widest point on your rig)

Please post your results in the following thread:

:beer:

Pardon... The region has not yet given me a number to represent them with. Therefore the PNW4WDA does not yet have a position on a number. The 80" number was one I tossed out to Bob as being a little more realistic. It was just to open his eyes a little as to what many rigs are. I really doubt were going to get much more than that simply due to the design parameters of the trail system.

My new jeep is 67" buldge to buldge. this is with axles that are 2" wider than stock cj axles with 1.25" spacers front and rear and 35x13.50 toyos on 3.5" backspacing.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to throw you under the bus... You mentioned that in the other thread and I thought the info would be of use over here...

My cj7 measures in at 87" buldge to buldge with recentered h1's and 42" tsl's with a wheelbase of 101"

The buggy will be just as wide with a 116" wheelbase.

"The current rules in the FSH (Forest Service Handbook) state that all new Class 2 Trails should accomodate vehicles that are 72 - 84 inches wide."

This is the best answer ^^^^

The Scout is 82.5 bulge to bulge.

"The current rules in the FSH (Forest Service Handbook) state that all new Class 2 Trails should accomodate vehicles that are 72 - 84 inches wide."

This is the best answer ^^^^

The Scout is 82.5 bulge to bulge.

Again the key word is "new" when New trails are made the EA reflects the current rules and is designed around them. Existing trails must meat the EA of when they were created or a new EA must be done. Evans creek could not pass a modern day EA for a ORV park.

dont have any idea how wide my ranger is, and i dont care. it fits on my trailer and i know it fits at evans, i cant think of a trail up there you couldnt take a fullsize down, with some body damage of course.

dont have any idea how wide my ranger is, and i dont care. it fits on my trailer and i know it fits at evans, i cant think of a trail up there you couldnt take a fullsize down, with some body damage of course.

Seen a fullsize up there that was on rocks with XZL's. Not sure how wide but it DID NOT fit down the trails. He was wheeling up on the sides and up the trees on the side of the trail just to get through.

Seen a fullsize up there that was on rocks with XZL's. Not sure how wide but it DID NOT fit down the trails. He was wheeling up on the sides and up the trees on the side of the trail just to get through.

Does that have anything to do with it being a fullsize???

You could put rocks under anything and the foot print would be the same...