land cruiser
60_12.JPG

c7_12.JPG

4a_12.JPG

92_12.JPG

f3_12.JPG

e6_12.JPG

ac_12.JPG

Running a brand new Crate Motor that has done approximately 500 km's since fitted. The Engine is a 350 CU Ram Jet from GM. Horsepower is 375 HP and 425 lb. of torque. Runs a 3" single system.

The Gear Box is an 80 series Landcruiser with a heavy duty clutch. Front and Rear tailshafts are custom made with long travel splines. Front diff is a GU Nissan Unit, which has been box braced and knuckles strengthened and fitted with ARB airlocker. Rear diff is an 80 series Landcruiser, box braced. Front suspension is a 3 link set-up with Nissan Radius Arms, Drag Link, Track Bar and Pan Hard Rods are constructed using hollow bar. 14" stroke custom made coilover shocks fitted with Eibach Coils and remote cannisters. All shock hoops and bracing is made from hollow bar. Rear suspension is a 3 link 'A' arm set-up all constructed from hollow bar with spherical bushes on all arms. Shockies are 24" stroke custom coilovers pneumatic bumpstops on all four corners. Brakes are discs all round.

Wheels are 39.5 x 18 x 15 Super Swamper Boggers fitted on custom 15 x 13 Steel Rims with mechanical beadlocks.

Also comes with 37 x 13.5 x 15 Mickey Thompson Claws on 15 x 10 Steel Rims. Limiting straps on all 4 corners. Power steering is a Nissan Pump with a rear mounted oil reservoir.

Radiator has a new four row core with 16" thermo fan. Custom made air - intakes and twin 3" aluminium custom made snorkles. Custom made Winch using 2 x 8,000lb warn hi-mount motors and heavy duty solonoids. 600Amp Power Cables, Power Winch and Car.

Rear Tray is aluminium checker-plate with steel square tube skeleton with 90 mm O/D x 5mm Wall Rollbar. Tray is fitted with an Alloy Battery Box which has 4 Odyssey 1500 CCA Batteries and Air Compressor. Also a 100 litre alloy fuel tank and carry box. Had 3 IPF Forward Facing Spotties, Rear Facing Worklamp and Brake and Dust Lights. Side Steps are 90mm OD x 6mm Wall Air-Tanks. Has 3 air outlets around car. Has a complete new wiring harness with quick change relays and fuses and a re-settable fuseable link.

Car is fitted with a full 'CAMS' spec rollbar using 38 and 44mm OD CDS Steel Tube.

Vehicle is fully approved and licensed Cam Spec Class 8, so can be raced in all off-road racing events, ie: Finke and Australian Safari.

Has 5 point harnesses, fire extinguishers, cole hersey switch. This car has built over the past 4 years with all events in mind, rock crawling, out back challenge, and off road racing.

WOW, modded tin can axles. They must accept breakage down there. Other wise yes, Its a crazy rig.

sick_boy said:
nissan patrol axles are about as strong (and some stronger) than a dana 60

So ya running patrol axles in the rig your putting together?:flipoff: :flipoff:

Bunk said:
So ya running patrol axles in the rig your putting together?:flipoff: :flipoff:

first off try and find on in the US.....ive heard there are some in canada but they are mostly everywhere else in the world but the US. it would be cool to run one but because they are hard to come by parts would be just as hard. so dana 60 is where its going to be. my rear axle is pretty much done just waiting on some parts like the locker and gears (need $crilla)

sick_boy said:
my rear axle is pretty much done just waiting on some parts like the locker and gears (need $crilla)
Hey now wait, an axle without a locker or gears is not "pretty much done" :flipoff:

Now, as axle with a chunk ripped out of one of the tubes, THAT'S done :booo:

Dear group;
In Oz snorks are a must have item, not so much for deep water crossings but to raise the air inlet out of the severe dust zones and up into the cleaner air zones. Being situated in the middle of the pack in an offroad race means that the air filter will clog in about 25 to 50 miles without snorks and at around 150 to 250 miles with snorks, the difference is that pronounced. The rig is an FJ-75 Land Cruiser II and the Nissan front diff is absolutely every bit as strong as a D-60 and possibly even stronger. The rear diff is a Toy FF severe duty which is also an extremely strong diff in it's own right. All in all it looks like a very well thought out rig and I'd hate to go against it in a coast to coast race.
Your friend;
LAMAR

SHOCKIES :haha: :haha: My brother-in-law is from Australia and once said that I must have some nice "shockies" on my truck :haha:

Actualy there wasted pro-comps...he he..

hey man thats a nice rig, go easy on him guys. he put alot of work into that thing, and yeah patrol axels are strong and hard to find. yes they call things different names in other contries, like in arabia a camel is the ship of the desert. but seriously its nice, personaly im not to fond of the tail fins but meh thats just my opinion.

keep up the work dude, i wanna see it on its side or something!

PS
the snorkels are cool i think, they make it look bad ass, we jsut dont have alot of dust or water crossings up here that are deep enough to justify one. dont they have huge floodes in the north in OZI land?

Dear group;
There are parts of Oz that gets a bunch of rain, but the biggest obstacle in the Outback is the incredibly large amounts of free dust. With the 350 SBC stabbed in place of the original 3F motor, I'd venture a guess that the rig is now running in what we would know as the open class. The one thing that I don't care for on this particular rig is the tri-link suspension setup that was installed in place of the stock leafspring suspension. IMVHO the stock suspension on the FJ-70 series is one of the stoutest on the planet and trading realibility for articulation may not be the wisest strategy in long distance races.
Your friend;
LAMAR