• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Automatic Transmission Cooler

boxboy

can I be your friend...
I need a new trans cooler whats everyone running these days? I was hoping for built in fan and built-in adjustable thermostat?

flexalite makes a great cooler with fan (made in USA) have one on my service van and it works great everyday:awesomework: They also support keeping our trails open :awesomework:

I use the Derale with fan on our turbo cars and they are the hardest on fluid. We would log 265-290* trans temps while staging on the transbreak and 220-230* with the Derale.

I am cooling a turbo 400 with stock stall like 1800 I think. I currently can wheel all day at Reiter with out a cooler but if I do any road running it gets hot fast.

I was thinking plate style as i think you can reduce the over all size and get better cooling?

I was thinking plate style as i think you can reduce the over all size and get better cooling?

Yes--the plate style offers the most surface area of any cooler. Why do ya think radiators are built like this :awesomework:

tube and fin work as well just seems the plate and fin cool more in a smaller foot print.

I've been running a Derale plate cooler on my C4 down here in 120 degree heat...the tranny has never got above 180 in the pan. Run pretty much the same setup for power steering...