AutoZone Story. Sad but True

Re: Auto Zone Story. Sad but True

???

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    97.1 KB · Views: 183
Re: Auto Zone Story. Sad but True

What's sad and true is that this isn't autozone's fault in the slightest.

This is simply a symptom of the degradation of American society...

Those of us that actually know, love, and build cars/trucks are a minority...

We as a society demand and SUPPORT the cheapest possible source for everything...

We won't pay 25-50% more for ALL of our parts and supplies at the small mom n pop store so the guy who knows every part number can stay in business...

Instead we buy one $8 seal from him because he knows what is is and then drive up the road to autozone n drop $600 on the rest of what we need.

We also don't refuse to shop at the bargain basement store unless they hire better employees... We go ahead and buy from that company and then bitch on the internet.

America has chosen cheap over good and this will continue to get worse...

About 5 years ago I wanted a part time job for extra spending money. Anyway, I go to the local parts stores and apply since I figured if I was working extra, might as well be with something I enjoy doing. So I interview with Autozone. Scored great on the test, interview went good, etc. Few days later I stop by there to follow up. They said that I was marked off the list by the branch manager due to being "overqualified". Not sure how you are overqualified to work there since I had said the standard wage was fine with me and I only wanted part time work.

Maybe I should have filled out the application to show no high school or college degree and flunked their stupid test on purpose, then maybe I would have been hired. molaugh

My opinion....They had a joker as a manager who could have had a good employee by hiring me and instead marked me off the list.

Why didnt you give him the numbers off the old seal?
Or take them out to match them up. Seams silly to me that tou would ever expect to get the right part with only the limited information that was giving.

rpf500 said:
About 5 years ago I wanted a part time job for extra spending money. Anyway, I go to the local parts stores and apply since I figured if I was working extra, might as well be with something I enjoy doing. So I interview with Autozone. Scored great on the test, interview went good, etc. Few days later I stop by there to follow up. They said that I was marked off the list by the branch manager due to being "overqualified". Not sure how you are overqualified to work there since I had said the standard wage was fine with me and I only wanted part time work.

Maybe I should have filled out the application to show no high school or college degree and flunked their stupid test on purpose, then maybe I would have been hired. molaugh

My opinion....They had a joker as a manager who could have had a good employee by hiring me and instead marked me off the list.

That's more common than most realize. Friend did the same thing. He wanted a part time gig for extra money. Store manager told him he was overqualified. He explained that he only wanted a secondary income. Manager than replied, he couldn't invest the time in money in someone that wasn't gonna stay. molaugh molaugh

Id say that manager was threatened by your knowledge and would fear for his job soon,
My local advance auto is really awesome, the manager works almost everyday and is very knowledgable about all automobiles and is a diehard mustang and ford guy which is a win for me, he has a focus with a built 302 in it, rest of the staff is pretty decent consisting of older guys and couple have show cars and restore old cars, guess im lucky, the autozone accross the street has a woman manager and nobody there is worth a nickel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gottagofast said:
What's sad and true is that this isn't autozone's fault in the slightest.

This is simply a symptom of the degradation of American society...

Those of us that actually know, love, and build cars/trucks are a minority...

We as a society demand and SUPPORT the cheapest possible source for everything...

We won't pay 25-50% more for ALL of our parts and supplies at the small mom n pop store so the guy who knows every part number can stay in business...

Instead we buy one $8 seal from him because he knows what is is and then drive up the road to autozone n drop $600 on the rest of what we need.

We also don't refuse to shop at the bargain basement store unless they hire better employees... We go ahead and buy from that company and then bitch on the internet.

America has chosen cheap over good and this will continue to get worse...
BIBLE!!^^^^^^ The continued degradation of this once proud nation right here. We are doing it to ourselves.

Dude sounds like a regular old douche nozzle to me. How in the hell is the parts guy supposed to know what parts he needs if the customer doesn't even know the application for his own damn parts?
I would have turned the screen around and handed him the keyboard. :****:

Zjman said:
Id say that manager was threatened by your knowledge and would fear for his job soon,
My local advance auto is really awesome, the manager works almost everyday and is very knowledgable about all automobiles and is a diehard mustang and ford guy which is a win for me, he has a focus with a built 302 in it, rest of the staff is pretty decent consisting of older guys and couple have show cars and restore old cars, guess im lucky, the autozone accross the street has a woman manager and nobody there is worth a nickel

I'm gonna need a picture of said Focus.

Eddyj said:
Anyone else signing Metallica?

lol yeah

oddly enough, auto zone was the only parts store in Cullman that had an alternator for a 22r / a heater hose T fitting and all the other junk I needed when I broke down in the worst spot possible at Stoney the other day

oh and Ed, get a spare belt for your buggy for the love of god! I bought a spare for both of my belts after that ride! lmao!!

Re: Re: AutoZone Story. Sad but True

Zjman said:

This could be likely. The advance near me is pretty good. The manager is great, knows parts, and works alot. The part time help had gone down since I worked there in college but atleast they are helpful when you ask them to do stuff outside the norm. Really sad part though, is the corporation has taken away most or all of the paper catalogs, so looking for rare parts is more difficult now. The smart ones can still get online and hope the manufacture has something on their site.

Autozone is worthless. Napa guys are knowledgeable but crotchety and they have crap hours. Oreilly is decent and had a ton but rarely stocks anything.

smbroady82 said:
lol yeah

oh and Ed, get a spare belt for your buggy for the love of god! I bought a spare for both of my belts after that ride! lmao!!

Sad but true...

I went to buy a new belt, they wanted $25 a belt. I was shoot, that's too high so I just bought an LS. It came with belts. ;D

I'm glad they left him on hold. It pisses me off when I'm there in person to get my part ( because I already looked it up online and know the price ) and some a hole calls to get a price on Amor All. There has been more than one time I'm telling they counter guy what I want , the phone rings , he answers it and leaves me standing there getting pissed. I say screw it and leave. There are plenty of part stores out there to get better service from.

Ya'll would be amazed at the service you receive when you throw a little free BBQ their way every now and then!

Trufe
And
TRUFE!!!

I have actually called the store from the counter after being ignored for 2 or 3 phone calls and told the guy to go get my parts before answering again... Lol

I now have an installer account at my local Oriley's and spend enough that they treat me like royalty... Heck I have cell phone numbers for the store manager and several employees...

I like to bring them a stack of little ceasars pizza every so often.

They've been trying to hire me for years tho lol... I always tell em if they can match my IUOE wages and benefits and guarantee me 60+ hours a week I'm in LOL

Eddyj said:
Sad but true...

I went to buy a new belt, they wanted $25 a belt. I was shoot, that's too high so I just bought an LS. It came with belts. ;D

well that works too... once I finish school I'm thinking about getting a 5.3 or something for the yota :dblthumb:

Re: Re: AutoZone Story. Sad but True

Zjman said:
I will text him tomorrow and see if he will send me some
Svt sold a bit to convert the focus to v8 rwd for a few years around 2002 I don't think it caught on cause of the price. 5k no engine or rear axle

Latest posts