• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

AutoZone Story. Sad but True

ranger11 said:
Svt sold a bit to convert the focus to v8 rwd for a few years around 2002 I don't think it caught on cause of the price. 5k no engine or rear axle
Pretty sure thats the kit he bought, its basicly a bolt in engine cradle front suspension kit, it was very pricey he said

gottagofast said:
How many here are old enough to remember the shogun?
Ahhhh the festiva shogun. Badass little car, douche jay lenno has one, i drove the wheels off a festiva when i worked as maintenance mechanic back in the day, that car had 380000 miles on it when i sold it to my little brother

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B77ufAzVRWw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Re: AutoZone Story. Sad but True

Zjman said:
Ahhhh the festiva shogun. Badass little car, douche jay lenno has one, i drove the wheels off a festiva when i worked as maintenance mechanic back in the day, that car had 380000 miles on it when i sold it to my little brother
How did you fit in that thing?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Actually alot of room in those mobile coffins, plus i was alot skinnier then. Lol

I worked at an AutoZone part time in college years ago. We had an assistant manager when she first started though when you asked for a set of brake pads that you needed two boxes for the front and two boxes for the back. And she's now the store manager and her people skills are lacking to say the least. I personally make them may last resort and most of the time if I do go just look it up show them when it is to speed the process up.

Here ya go 5bros,
8d0db0a0bee982f698d318e4ec0d27ae.jpg
5593c99443da32f662aa1a41efb29797.jpg
da9978bd5a50295b13d8e2d091c33d88.jpg

smbroady82 said:
lol yeah

oddly enough, auto zone was the only parts store in Cullman that had an alternator for a 22r / a heater hose T fitting and all the other junk I needed when I broke down in the worst spot possible at Stoney the other day

oh and Ed, get a spare belt for your buggy for the love of god! I bought a spare for both of my belts after that ride! lmao!!
Sorry buddy. But I'm not sure it could get worse than where I broke my **** at. Dear god what a fun day that was.

patooyee said:
Ya'll would be amazed at the service you receive when you throw a little free BBQ their way every now and then!
You would be amazed at what all kinda cool **** you could get doing that. That is the best BBQ hands down IMO. U got me hooked..

Oh and the folks at autozone for the most part suck. I would assume most of us know what dam car to tell them for the part we need. Hell I do. Or close anyways. I always get the years mixed up but we find it. It used to piss me off. But the phone call thing would have really sent me off the edge. Fuk that.

kushKrawlin said:
Oh and the folks at autozone for the most part suck. I would assume most of us know what dam car to tell them for the part we need. Hell I do. Or close anyways. I always get the years mixed up but we find it. It used to piss me off. But the phone call thing would have really sent me off the edge. Fuk that.

This probably won't surprise you, but I keep a spreadsheet of all the original applications and part numbers for all the random parts on my rigs. Since the spreadsheet is stored on Google Drive I can open it on my phone from anywhere. Most of the time when I am out in the middle of nowhere I can just look the part number up on their websites and find the closest store with it on hand. Call the store, have them pull it for me, and its waiting on the counter when I walk in.

I use advance auto and I have a commercial account. The commercial parts pros are just that, pros. I never have any issues with anything they do. The knuckle dragging, mouth breathing, snot bubble blowers that work the counter for the general public........wow that's a different story.

pholmann said:
I use advance auto and I have a commercial account. The commercial parts pros are just that, pros. I never have any issues with anything they do. The knuckle dragging, mouth breathing, snot bubble blowers that work the counter for the general public........wow that's a different story.

I've got to say that the veteran Advance Auto guys in Gulf Breeze, FL are pretty dang BA as well. I'm not sure what everyone's position is but there are about 4 or 5 of them that seem to move between management and commercial and they are awesome. The two Joe's, Chris, the guy whose name starts with D that I can never remember ... if you guys see this thread I owe you some more BBQ! They have 2 or 4 short-timers that are still learning with them but I know if I get one of those core guys I'll either be taken care of or Advance doesn't offer it.

Hell, I called Oriely's to ask about some upper control arm bolts. Told him I was working on an 02 Escalade. He said what model. I said, its a regular one not ext, or esv. He said, no, who makes it. I hung up.

Eddyj said:
Really? Out of all the cool things to build, this is what gets you moist?

No. There is lots of cool builds that get me moist. This is just one of them. I had a hatchback Fucos when the 5.0/8.8 swap kit came out and I saw the first conversion.