• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

axial wraith r/c

super samurai

managed to find one still on the shelf at the bremerton r/c raceway.
this is a new twist on the r/c crawlers.
it is a k.o.h. rock racer type

i have upgraded the steering servo
rims and tires
tx and rx
and a few mods i made to change some stuff.
highly recomend anyone looking to get one ,it is pretty fun.

be aware tho that it is a true 1/10th scale rig so it is bigger and wider then a reg. axial,it is wide too.

Last edited:
Looks good, that's cool you actually found one.

I just want a set of the axles for my scaler.:redneck:

Looks good, that's cool you actually found one.

I just want a set of the axles for my scaler.:redneck:

they are super wide! i have narrow ask wheels and pretty small offsets and it is still wide. but ya the axles are cool. they have a front cover so you just pull the axles and the diff drops out.

Very cool! it looks like it should be a fun all around rig. Hows it crawl? and hows it drive speed wise?

Very cool! it looks like it should be a fun all around rig. Hows it crawl? and hows it drive speed wise?

well it is not like a jr 2 buggy or anything but real similar to a brushless 2 cell crawler, which i have ready to go in when this 20 turn motor does go out.
it crawls o.k. but not like a rig with a 55 turn in it.
it is a totally different animal then a stock axial.

Nice:awesomework: I got mine from the first shipment early this month, I have already lowered it, threw on some tsls' and beadlocks, 7955tg servo, holmes puller 7t, Mamba max pro esc, and spektrum tx/rx. The things a blast to play with but I definetly need new steering linkage, knuckles, c hubs and suspension links because they bend pretty easy.

Nice:awesomework: I got mine from the first shipment early this month, I have already lowered it, threw on some tsls' and beadlocks, 7955tg servo, holmes puller 7t, Mamba max pro esc, and spektrum tx/rx. The things a blast to play with but I definetly need new steering linkage, knuckles, c hubs and suspension links because they bend pretty easy.

ya i have a brushless set up already when the stock one goes, and i just blew up mu 9100t servo, so i guess i will have to buy another. i would like the knuckles, i think i will build my own steering and lower links. i also lowered mine.
check out ebay, there are some cool cheap parts on there. check out the shock relocation kit.

Are you running a BEC? I probably will be building ny own steering linkage and possibly links, that stuff is extremely overpriced IMHO.

no bec, i wasnt sure if the stock one had one built in or not. i am gonna pick up a hobbico cs 170 for it tommorow, everything i read seems to say that is a good enough servo. i have one on my lcc and it is o.k. havent killed it anyways. but it is fun huh! justkinda like a rc 10 and a crawler in one. what rims you running on yours? i see the 7955 is basically the same as a cs 170, how do you like that also?

no bec, i wasnt sure if the stock one had one built in or not. i am gonna pick up a hobbico cs 170 for it tommorow, everything i read seems to say that is a good enough servo. i have one on my lcc and it is o.k. havent killed it anyways. but it is fun huh! justkinda like a rc 10 and a crawler in one. what rims you running on yours? i see the 7955 is basically the same as a cs 170, how do you like that also?

As a good basic rule of thumb NEVER trust an esc to manage servo voltage. Another thing with a BEC you can program the voltage to whatever you want.

The HOBICO CS170 is a rebadged hitec 5955.

I have a built in one on my mamba pro but I just rather have one externally and not relying on the ESC like crash said. I love my servo it has tons of power but it bends the linkage so it is time to upgrade that. I am running proline beadlocks on mine, I sold my Vanquish DHs with my last rig, I am thinking I want the ones that look like Walker evans BLs. we will see I am picking away at it whenever I have time. On another note my course sure seems a bit smaller now that I have this thing, it definetly requires a little more area than my wreckluse did to play with. I live really close to the skookumchuck dam so I will have to chack that place out and stretch this things legs:redneck:

Brian if you get the Castle BEC I have the interface thing for setting the voltage if you want to play with that. I think stock its 5 volts or so? And we can set it for what ever voltage you would like to run to your servo.

Brian if you get the Castle BEC I have the interface thing for setting the voltage if you want to play with that. I think stock its 5 volts or so? And we can set it for what ever voltage you would like to run to your servo.

Ya they come out of the package at 5 volts...

this is all old hat to jeremy and i, we have a castle link and have castle bec's on all of our rigs and have been setting them up. if i could afford it i would buy a bigger one but its all about the $$, jeremy has a hi tec 7990 on his bully and it is the best so far, the size of it is what sucks, but it has like 600 torque he is puttin out to it, and no issues at all. we have blown up every jr servo in the high torque range.
i have never had a esc w/intern. bec, but i will put one on this rig for sure.

Time to revive this thread....

Hey Brian, got any tips for me? Just got a Wraith thats currently all stock. Whats the first thing I need to do to this thing? Is it ok to run as is for now? Got any parts you wanna sell? :redneck:

Bill

well as of now I have a tekin fxr and 35 turn motor.i did the d.l. mod. which is runn.ing meatal inside of it. I used an old axial aluminum link for that.i also recomend an aluminum front diff. cover as it gets bashed pretty quick. the shock lowering kit works great, I made mine but copied the one from bizzare hobbies on ebay.

also steering servo and steerimg linkage on top of list.stock links will break it time also. ohh and youll love it on 3 cell lipo.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Looks good Brian. I plan on taking it slow with this one. I think I still have a few Airtronics high torque metal geared servo's left from when I raced 1/8th scale buggy and I could use one for a steering servo. I will make my own steering setup so should be good there. Dont know that I want to do too much more until I start breaking chit. Definately want to change the skins to a Jeep theme.... :cool:

eigth scale servo will be the ticket, thats all I have done is replaced stuff as it goes out for the most part. deff. tighten up the slipper clutch or it wont crawl at all.

Got a set of TrailReady HD double beadlock copies and some Krawler look-a-likes plus a Jeep JK body for it. Damn these beadlocks are as much of a pain to mount up as real ones....24 bolt beadlock rings!

Anyways, will post up some pics soon.