• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Axle options for a dd/weekend wheeler

Re: Re: Re: Axle options for a dd/weekend wheeler

96cherokeexj said:
what's the width on a Toyota rear?

55.5" for a rear from a factory straight axle truck

~58.5" from an IFS truck

~60-61" from a Tacoma.

Waggy 44s are very popular to swap into Tacomas.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Axle options for a dd/weekend wheeler

TBItoy said:
55.5" for a rear from a factory straight axle truck

~58.5" from an IFS truck

~60-61" from a Tacoma.

Waggy 44s are very popular to swap into Tacomas.
thanks for the info man! Greatly appreciated.

Re: Re: Axle options for a dd/weekend wheeler

The advantage of the 8.8 is that it was in all 94?Explorers to 2001. The Yota axle is tough but no where near as abundant and easily accessed as the 8.8

I'm running a waggy front...its a great axle that doesnt need any inner C rotation to work. You can convert them to 5 lug...or even 8 lug if you need to.

If you were dead set about not running an adapter on the rear...some Explorer 6 lug axles could be farmed out.

But then again if you have an axle failure and need a trail spare swap....your stuck. Regular 31 spline shafts are 20$ around here and are brutally tough in stock form.

First you have to convert it to a 4x4. all cherokees have the brackets and tabs to do this whether 4x2 or 4x4, the bodies are the same. You need to get a front axle, different tranny, a transfer case, both drive shafts, center console plastic, handle, and the linkage brakets. You are looking at 700-1000 dollars just to do that. provided you can get the parts for a decent price.

You have no idea what you are getting into :****:. I was going to post this in a different forum but it got locked so it is going here. This is your umptinth "project" that you want to build with zero budget and almost no knowledge of how to do it. And every single one I have seen you start a discussion on ends the same way, merely an idea in a forum then it fizzles. You can dream all day if you like. But like all the other projects that never happend this one isnt going to either............ :tc

Re: Re: Re: Axle options for a dd/weekend wheeler

shortbus1911 said:
First you have to convert it to a 4x4. all cherokees have the brackets and tabs to do this whether 4x2 or 4x4, the bodies are the same. You need to get a front axle, different tranny, a transfer case, both drive shafts, center console plastic, handle, and the linkage brakets. You are looking at 700-1000 dollars just to do that. provided you can get the parts for a decent price.

You have no idea what you are getting into :****:. I was going to post this in a different forum but it got locked so it is going here. This is your umptinth "project" that you want to build with zero budget and almost no knowledge of how to do it. And every single one I have seen you start a discussion on ends the same way, merely an idea in a forum then it fizzles. You can dream all day if you like. But like all the other projects that never happend this one isnt going to either............ :tc
Did I ever say what the budget was? I don't think I did. If you don't like the topics I start then don't read em simple as that

Shortbus is my new favorite member....I had the same feeling about this "build".

The closed thread u spoke of....was this on Cherokee Forums?

tonybolton said:
Shortbus is my new favorite member....I had the same feeling about this "build".

The closed thread u spoke of....was this on Cherokee Forums?

Was he posting **** there too? No it was somewhere else.

Cody, How many places are you spaming up with your junk? Pick one forum and run with it. I am not picking on yah, I gave you some good advice about what the parts needed were to convert to 4x4, but this is become a very bad cycle of yours. And I doubt it is going to be the last time you spam up a board.

For anyone posting you are wasting your time with him. The advice can be used for others, but he isnt going to use any of it... Rant off

Re: Re: Re: Re: Axle options for a dd/weekend wheeler

shortbus1911 said:
Was he posting **** there too? No it was somewhere else.

Cody, How many places are you spaming up with your junk? Pick one forum and run with it. I am not picking on yah, I gave you some good advice about what the parts needed were to convert to 4x4, but this is become a very bad cycle of yours. And I doubt it is going to be the last time you spam up a board.

For anyone posting you are wasting your time with him. The advice can be used for others, but he isnt going to use any of it... Rant off
I haven't posted on Cherokee forum since I was probably 15. Appreciate the "list" of what I need to convert to 4wd but I believe I know what is needed.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Axle options for a dd/weekend wheeler

tonybolton said:
You know? You didn't even know what axles to run 3X" tires. ???
I know what I need to convert to 4wd. Asked about axles cause don't wanna get some and it not handle the tires

96cherokeexj said:
I know what I need to convert to 4wd. Asked about axles cause don't wanna get some and it not handle the tires

You need rockwells then. Or maybe hovercraft axles.

Ive broken MANY D44 axleshafts and ujoints with 37" All Terrains.

Then again my wifes TJ has never broken an axle shaft with 33x12.5's with a D30/D35 combo. Granted it has never been off the pavement.

Any combination can be broken. This thread is dumb.

I went through almost an identical post when I was 18ish? Everybody told me the same thing but I didn't want to listen. Sell the Cherokrap and buy one that is atleast 4wd. Wheel the D30/D35 until you start breaking then upgrade from there.

The jeep is mine. Gonna run 30/8.8 on 33s and get more wheeling experience before up grading

Latest posts