• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Baby blu beater

Thanks Matt!

The owner knows this and is going to plate it in at home. I build for alot of people that can weld and fab, they just dont bend tube or feel good mounting their own springs and steering.

The owner said he would build something to protect the ram. I know he doesnt have a bender and thought, man I could whip up a bar for him in a few minutes. I found a scrap that was long enough to bend one end but not the other, hence the preformed 90. It made a scrap work perfect and it fit better on the diff bulge than a large radius bend that had been cut down to fit. They were stoked when they picked it up and had no problem adding some more steel to the front diff himself.

This truck was not a full build. Just things the owner didnt want to do. They will finish it up just fine. Ill help them if they run into trouble. I like working for guys like Greg and Jeremy. Thanks guys I enjoyed you and your truck!:beer:

I put the builds on here so folks can see they can do it themselves with cheap parts, not KITs. If they are OK DIY fabbers they could follow these like recipes if they want.

Theres always something better, just dont waste your life chasing it, alot of folks will pass you with "just fine" stuff while living life to its fullest.:beer:

Truer words were never spoken....I don't get why folks gotta tear somethin' down when the owners happy with it, which is all that matters. Dig the build:beer:

for what you had to start with its looking pretty badass, Id wheel the **** out of it (after about a half gallon of anything but baby blue paint was slapped on it) keep on keepin on :beer: <- thats mtn. dew not beer :D

What did you guys end up doing with the one good main leaf out of the 2 packs? I was the one who sold him the springs, he said he would give me the main leaf back as he did not need it. Let me know if either of you still have it & want it gone or not, ill be glad to take it off your hands :awesomework:

BTW....Nice job on this rig Brad :awesomework: There are a few things I may have done a little different but overall good work for a budget build. What was the total budget? if ya dont mind me askin......:corn:

$3.28:redneck::

No it's "Tree fitty" $3.50.....LOL!!

We just got the rear drive line flange from the wrecking yard got the rear flange drilled out and your driveline was amazingly smooth!!!!! GOOD WORK B-RAD:awesomework::beer::beer::beer:

It just left my house with rear wheel drive!! Hell this thing looks sweet too.....I love the first gens!!:cool:

Last edited:
Ive got some flanges/driveline partsfor that thing ed if he is intrested in spares!

I thought I did too but they were for a V6 thats why that one I gave to you at Elbe to try didn't work. So ya we might need an extra :awesomework:

Thanks Darin!:awesomework::beer:

Last edited:
:scratchhead:What is everyone oogling over????!! I have seen MUCH better builds on this site, that don't get NEAR the compliments that this "buget build" is getting. Are you THAT in love with chopshop that you feel you have to stroke his hair and tell him he is a good boy, and does such nice work on any little thing he does???? I don't see what is so special.......No offense........:;

:scratchhead:What is everyone oogling over????!! I have seen MUCH better builds on this site, that don't get NEAR the compliments that this "buget build" is getting. Are you THAT in love with chopshop that you feel you have to stroke his hair and tell him he is a good boy, and does such nice work on any little thing he does???? I don't see what is so special.......No offense........:;

Who cares.. The garage area is to show off folks work. Wether that be in issues folks see or compliment the work. Its not here for you to babble BS like you just did.

This is your only warning from me. My best advice is to not reply--simply follow the forum rules or you will suffer the consequences..

thank you.

Who cares.. The garage area is to show off folks work. Wether that be in issues folks see or compliment the work. Its not here for you to babble BS like you just did.

This is your only warning from me. My best advice is to not reply--simply follow the forum rules or you will suffer the consequences..

thank you.

I was wondering when you were going to pop in on this......:awesomework:

This truck belongs to very good friend of mine and Brad is becoming a good friend too as well and this was amazing what he did for us on little to no money and no store baught parts. My hats off to the both of you and what you guys can do for us and our sport from mild to wild with these toyota's.

Thanks Crash! :beer:

looks good:awesomework: ive considered building a 1st gen before.......i havent gotten past considering though:mad:

I was wondering when you were going to pop in on this......:awesomework:

This truck belongs to very good friend of mine and Brad is becoming a good friend too as well and this was amazing what he did for us on little to no money and no store baught parts. My hats off to the both of you and what you guys can do for us and our sport from mild to wild with these toyota's.

Thanks Crash! :beer:

I just want to see those boys go wheeling and not ride shot gun. Now we can see what they got. The Busy is waiting!:redneck:

question brad, why did you use pieces of flat instead of square/rectangle tube for the rear hangers? Seems like there is more room for error when cutting a bunch of pieces and then welding them together vs the tube.

question brad, why did you use pieces of flat instead of square/rectangle tube for the rear hangers? Seems like there is more room for error when cutting a bunch of pieces and then welding them together vs the tube.

Here is me doing it with box tube aswell. http://www.nw-wheelers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33225&page=5

I can keep it more accurate with sepperate pieces.

If you use box tube it is time consuming to cut out the box and keep it perfectly square. If the cut is not right then its hard to locate/punch holes that are even and level. Plus box is expensive and fits tight. You end up grinding off the serations on the chevy bushing and making it narrower to fit in the box. Then the spring is close the the side and can touch when its gets twisted form flex.

With flat stock I can cut them out, drill them (all 4) and make sure thay are tits on before welding it all together. If one is off a 1/8 inch, I just move that piece of plate a 1/8 till its a perfect fit boltwise (level, square with rails). Nothing sucks worse than putting bolts in crooked holes.

Plus with plate, once all the parts are prepped, I can bolt them to a stock chevy spring bushing with a 1/16 inch thick thrust washer inbetween the plate and the bushing on one side. Then after its all tacked up, I unbolt it all and weld it up. When I put the springs in for assembly it slides right in and the 1/16 of play I should have is gone after welding and keeps me from grinding the bushing sleeve or trying to bend the mount open to fit it in easy.

Make sense?