• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Back to square one.......

Thats just my .02... but what do I know... Im just a dumb kid. :awesomework:

That cooler is like putting big ol machined bullet tips on the end of your chassis.

It might not do much but it sure looks cool, huh?

I like the new bling parts guys. It will go well with the custom made fairlead. :cool:

but what do I know...

You know how to fry steering pumps!

I guessed Mauler since hes the only person i know who said he hasnt had luck with a inline cooler. He called it more of a heat sink.

These coolers came to fruition after i realized i had a pile of rems that i pretty much wrote off. Fast forward to koh '09 when mass guy vapor locked. I read thru a thread where a guy though of using a howe p/s cooler for a fuel cooler. That flipped the lightswitch and i started making them and offering them to friends as a possible resolution or a preventative measure for a new car. As of now 1 is on a toyota with full hydro(tc pump) with no issues, 1 is on jason blantons fuel system and 2 on his steering( 1 gave him 3, he chose to run 2 on his steering, p pump). There are a few more out there but these are the only ones i know that are being used and they are working fine to my knowledge.

If they work, cool. Its a small simple unit. If they dont then oh well, Noone has every payed for one with the exception of hooking me up with something. Its my way of returning the favor.

For referance, That cooler is 2 x 12.

http://www.howeperformance.com/accessories-coolers.htm

The rig is not running yet Charlie so my guess is the fluid (once the cooler gets installed and the system filled) will be room temperature. :rolleyes:

I guess my worry would be, will it cooling the oil enough. But that would be all about location. I know from past experiance, they like lots of air flow across them. But what do I know

You know how to fry steering pumps!

I guessed Mauler since hes the only person i know who said he hasnt had luck with a inline cooler. He called it more of a heat sink.

These coolers came to fruition after i realized i had a pile of rems that i pretty much wrote off. Fast forward to koh '09 when mass guy vapor locked. I read thru a thread where a guy though of using a howe p/s cooler for a fuel cooler. That flipped the lightswitch and i started making them and offering them to friends as a possible resolution or a preventative measure for a new car. As of now 1 is on a toyota with full hydro(tc pump) with no issues, 1 is on jason blantons fuel system and 2 on his steering( 1 gave him 3, he chose to run 2 on his steering, p pump). There are a few more out there but these are the only ones i know that are being used and they are working fine to my knowledge.

If they work, cool. Its a small simple unit. If they dont then oh well, Noone has every payed for one with the exception of hooking me up with something. Its my way of returning the favor.

For referance, That cooler is 2 x 12.

http://www.howeperformance.com/accessories-coolers.htm

Hey I need or 2 oh me oh me pick me!!! :hi::hi:

They just need to have forced airflow over them, whether it's from speed or from air being sucked through by a fan.

Has anyone done the math as to how the surface area of an inline cooler comparison with a standard tranny cooler?

Cooling is all about surface area & airflow...more is better.

They just need to have forced airflow over them, whether it's from speed or from air being sucked through by a fan.

Has anyone done the math as to how the surface area of an inline cooler comparison with a standard tranny cooler?

Cooling is all about surface area & airflow...more is better.

Cooling has 3 aspecs, Surface area, dissipation coefficient, and flow restriction. You need to find a balance between all 3 of these. Just because you have lots of surface area dont make it a good cooler. The matterial needs to be thin enough to dissipate heat. And of course not restric too much flow.

I burned up pumps cause I did it all wrong... I have a system that works perfect now because I did my research... late, but I did it. :cheer:

I agree that these aren't the best kind of coolers but I think they have their place. If you are cooling a system that doesn't require much cooling to begin with and have limited space this may be for you.....I have a simillar, store bought cooler on my steering and for me it seems to work fine. More than anything the cooler I have adds about a quart of fluid. Just the added fluid makes a big difference.

I dont know why mauler had issues, But Jason Blanton has been running them on his car and they are always cool to the touch. So theres my laser thermo for ya!

^This. Blanton's works without issues. Ever. Running a single ram and a double end ram. Both were KOH tested.:cool:

The buggy is looking really nice Clark:beer:

Last edited:
Got my drivelines all built, that's about it for now. Lost my MIL child care, and been watching the 3 year old, while the wife works 70hr work weeks. Once i can come up with some child free time, i'll be finish welding, and tearing it down for paint. I'm really close, but really far. Sometimes life just gets in the way,it's depressing not having it done though:booo:

Got my drivelines all built, that's about it for now. Lost my MIL child care, and been watching the 3 year old, while the wife works 70hr work weeks. Once i can come up with some child free time, i'll be finish welding, and tearing it down for paint. I'm really close, but really far. Sometimes life just gets in the way,it's depressing not having it done though:booo:

Yell I hed to take 10 years off when my kids were little. Your lucky, you still get to work on it

Thats for sure.....kids are number 1 when it comes to time. Ive been in the same boat with my rigs.......cant finish them or have to sell them when money is needed. My love for building and wheeling has nothing on my love for my kids. Glad your a good dad Clark......I know some people that would take care of there hobby before the kids. :awesomework:

Let me know if I can help man...

I'll let you know, appreciate the offer.

Damb clark i'm almost at the same point as you!!!:awesomework::beer:
:fawkdancesmiley::fawkdancesmiley::fawkdancesmiley::haha::haha::eeek::eeek::eeek::awesomework::awesomework::beer:beer:beer:cool::cool: **** YEAH, I"M JEALOUS

Yell I hed to take 10 years off when my kids were little. Your lucky, you still get to work on it

I'm really lucky i even have it still, AND have SOME time to work on it.

Thats for sure.....kids are number 1 when it comes to time. Ive been in the same boat with my rigs.......cant finish them or have to sell them when money is needed. My love for building and wheeling has nothing on my love for my kids. Glad your a good dad Clark......I know some people that would take care of there hobby before the kids. :awesomework:
Thanks Brian.

after its final welded and painted have a "build a buggy in one day" and invite all your buddies. supply pizza and some ice, make everyone bring thier own drink.:D

it seemed to take me a year to do the final assembly by myself on just weekends. **** im still building it.