• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

backpacking/camping/fishing

Cole1

So me and a few buddys are going backpacking to some smaller lakes to go fly fishing on sunday and while looking through all my camping gear multiple times I want to make sure there is nothing Im forgetting.

The trip is going to be head out sunday morning and stay till tuesday afternoon, there are no campfires allowed in the area were were camping at and we going to be hitting up a few lakes for fishing.

Anyways I have.....
-2 big backpacking packs w/internal frames for comfort
-water perifier
-small cook stove
-tent and sleeping bags
-first aid kit and a few space blankets and a small tarp
-maps of the area and a hand held GPS
-a few MRE's and other meals I got from REI

It looks like it will be a pretty easy trip this go around, 2 miles to the first lake with about 1500feet elevation gain and about 3/4 of a mile to the second lake with about 800 feet elevation gain.

Is there anything im forgetting for a trip like this? Anything you guys would suggest bringing along?

Thanks in advanced, Cole

Gun, pistol or other. For both self protection and a "what if" tool.

You live in Washington so I expect you know how to "layer" clothing properly.

Throw some Moleskin in the first aid kit. Helps if somebuddy gets a bad blister etc.

Ducktape.

Seasonings for when you catch said fish. But don't rely on catching fish for food.

Sleeping pads are nice also, as they give ya some insulation inbetween the ground and you.

Last edited:
Gun, pistol or other. For both self protection and a "what if" tool.

You live in Washington so I expect you know how to "layer" clothing properly.

Throw some Moleskin in the first aid kit. Helps if somebuddy gets a bad blister etc.

Ducktape.

Seasonings for when you catch said fish. But don't rely on catching fish for food.

Sleeping pads are nice also, as they give ya some insulation inbetween the ground and you.

Yeah I forgot about my buddy bringing his xb45 and his revolver. I know theres bear/elk and deer around my place and were only going to be about 15-20 miles from my house near the base of snoqualmie pass so I think its safe to say there aroud where we are camping too.

Good call on the moleskin thou, ill need to pick some up when I get a new bottle for the cook stove. Ill have to check but I think I have ductape, twine and a sewing kit in my pack already.

Some "stuff" so you can get all "stuffed up" after the hike.

I always bring some "stuff"......but then again, I'm a "stuffer".

Fun drugs.

Baby wipes. Cleans your ass and hands and face.:awesomework:

Advil, Ibuprofen, etc. for the dehydration headaches.

sleeping pad. I dont care how old you are or arnt sleeping on the hard cold ground makes it hard to sleep and get up in the morning. Take some trail mix or other high carb snacks and some crystal light type powdered drinks that you can just add to your water bottle. small Flashlight and extra batterys.

Baby wipes. Cleans your ass and hands and face.:awesomework:

Advil, Ibuprofen, etc. for the dehydration headaches.

Are you a girl???:fawkdancesmiley::haha:

Drink water!:awesomework:

Cole,

-Definitely layer.
-Cotton is the enemy.
-Instant potatoes are great and quick!
-Pot or pan to cook fish and said potatoes in.
-Fork, Spoon, Spork.
-Fire starting device. (Even if there are "no campfires". there are no rules when you're cold and wet and dying)
-Don't sleep with a candy bar in your pocket. :redneck:
-Don't sleep next to an avid Skiier.....ever.....:kissmyass:

Are you a girl???:fawkdancesmiley::haha:

Drink water!:awesomework:

If so, I'm one hardcore bitch.:cool:

You'd THINK it WOULD be that easy......:scratchhead: And then you get out there, hike around, climb some ****, have a few laughs and BAMM.......you forgot, again, to drink some damn water!

It's probably just me......:;:haha:

i also suggest "stuffing" when in the woods im almost sure there will be some stuff there

oh yea dont forget your balls