• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bad Day....Need Some Inspiration....

under_psi

CROSS POST POLICE
like the title says...i need it....maybe motivation more than anything....

i can not tell you guys how frustrated i am with building this buggy....just needed to get that out there...

i feel like i am falling behind the 8 ball everyday, and there is always a little something that holds up progress...chassis was painted, have to go back and add tubing....wiring was a pain in the ass, etc, yes, i know....every buggy has its pita things.....maybe i am just bein a *****, but i feel like a tard sometimes b/c i only get a few hours a week to work on this thing while trying to balance a life with my wife and time with the dog pound.....

today for example....

i am READY TO GET THIS MOFO STARTED, but was gonna wait until i was not alone (for multiple reasons, burning down the house is one...), and i had just a couple of little ghey things to do like hook up a ground wire or two, and so on....

another thing that i was doing today was fiddling with all of the autometer and spal senging unitsfor the 11ty billionth time...i had added all the fluids to the engine and steering systems, and jimmy the blade helped me prime the engine.....well, i noticed an oil leak at the oil temp sending unit and at both of my water temp sensors (1 for the radiator fan and the other for the guage-both in the aluminum lower plenum)....well, i noticed that i did not put any teflon tape on those main bushings that the sending units go into so, i took them out, taped 'em up, re-re-reinstalled them, and all was good....small leak, and a little tightening took care of that.....

well, i think more of it and wonder if that is going to affect the sending units ground circuit, and, after a little talking with some peeps, i decided to take them out aaaaaagain....cleaned off all the BS teflon tape pieces and proceeded to rererererefukkin install the sending units and well, damn-it, the leaks are back!!!!!....

i figured that the bushings were brass and gave the one at the plenum another snug turn and POP........and the bushing was not as tight as it was a second ago....but still tight....well, as i am backing it out to have a look-see, i notice there are 2 fawkin cracks in the threads that go all the way through the plenum casting there....

yup, gonna need a new plenum.....have to undo all that wiring, fuel lines, and other crap on there that i JUST got done tidying up....

so...now it looks like it is going to be a 5 step back week moneywise for me b/c i am already broker than a broke **** dog with his tongue out.....

that's the breaks, i know...

just felt like doing a little venting b/c it has not been teh easiest of journeys for me.....

oh, and if anyone has a lead on an intake plenum for a 2000 vortec 4.3, lemme know...it is the one with that funky MPFI all in one composite fuel rail injector bundle thingy on top of it........

Tig it up. Redrill, tap. all while in place

Or drill out larger and use a helicoil. The kit is $14 from Oriellys.
Drill out larger and use an adapter after you retap it.

Take a break, beat off, then go back at it. its all good in the hood yo!

InDaShop said:
Tig it up. Redrill, tap. all while in place

Or drill out larger and use a helicoil. The kit is $14 from Oriellys.
Drill out larger and use an adapter after you retap it.

Take a break, beat off, then go back at it. its all good in the hood yo!

cant drill out, cracks go through the threads to the outside of the casting...

didnt think about actually tiging the hole shut tho....wonder how it would work in place? i could always just use the "T" fitting i had before and run both sensors off one hole.....

under_psi said:
cant drill out, cracks go through the threads to the outside of the casting...

didnt think about actually tiging the hole shut tho....wonder how it would work in place? i could always just use the "T" fitting i had before and run both sensors off one hole.....

now your cooking with gas

its just a crack, and its a metal weld it back up. Not like it is a machined piece that has to be precision right?

First damn thing I said, weld that bitch up. But what is my opinion worth, not **** laughing1

Lou it will be worth it in the end. You are a perfectionist and the buggy shows it, downside is it has taken for fawkin ever :flipoff1:

That is low pressure, I would JB Weld that bitch and be very done with it.

No wait, I WOULD have JB Welded that bitch up and would have been peeling the **** out in grandma's yard next door shirtless....

Im not sure why, but I think your finding more reasons NOT to finish it then to go ahead and get your mind 100% wrapped around finishing it.

Its ONE thing at a time.. dont worry about the whole buggy when you have 1-2hours at a shot to work on it. Have the mindset that I WILL finish this or that task and stick to finishing that. THEN move to the next.

Your way to close man, you should stoked that your about to have the buggy you've been day dreaming about for years thumb.gif

GET IT MAD LOU !!

P said:
Im not sure why, but I think your finding more reasons NOT to finish it then to go ahead and get your mind 100% wrapped around finishing it.

Its ONE thing at a time.. dont worry about the whole buggy when you have 1-2hours at a shot to work on it. Have the mindset that I WILL finish this or that task and stick to finishing that. THEN move to the next.

Your way to close man, you should stoked that your about to have the buggy you've been day dreaming about for years thumb.gif

GET IT MAD LOU !!

trust me, all i want to do is finish this thing, i get more and more jealous as the weeks go by and everyone is wheeling....i know that it is taking a while, and for someone like me who is dumbing their way through the whole process.....

i used to be all over the place on the projects with this thing, but i have figured out (long ago) that it pays to do one thing at a time....start to finish....

however, i do NOT feel comfortable with simply doing a "Trail Fix" on this part....i understand that it is low pressure and all, but i certainly would NOT JB weld it.

Joel, you never mentioned weld the entire hole, you said "weld te crack"....that may work, i dunno....there's 2 of them and they go all the way through the casting........it's just that if i am going to have to take the entire thing out of the car, i would rather put in a piece that was NOT cracked and repaired....

i am over it now...i was upset and frustrated last nite but i am all about it today...i am going to continue about the removal process today, and go pick one up at the junk yard tomorrow or friday on my break......just dont feel comfortable with a half ass fix.....

qk story behind that is:

i am always in the garage in the summer with the shirt off, showing teh hawttness & listening to **** like lamb of god, pantera etc, wondering why none of my neighbors have come over to meet me since i have moved in......

nolen is just jealous of mah sexay....

i have been thinking today more about welding it up.....

if i can get it off tonite, i will take it to Jackson Cylinder head tomorrow morning and let Jeff look at it and see what he has to say about it......maybe i wont have to cough up too much money if he says that he can weld it up....

under_psi said:
i have been thinking today more about welding it up.....

if i can get it off tonite, i will take it to Jackson Cylinder head tomorrow morning and let Jeff look at it and see what he has to say about it......maybe i wont have to cough up too much money if he says that he can weld it up....

Gotta be cheaper than the new part quote from the stealership parts dept. :eek:

(of course we knew it be a lot higher than junkyard parts, but damn)