• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bad roll on Aetna sunday

chickenfarmer

Big ride on Aetna this last weekend and Tim Bacon rolled hard on Balls Hill. My video camera died right as he started to turnover but I found it on youtube. Part of Tim's ear was basically ripped off and his head was bleeding bad when they pulled him out - could've been alot worse though. Buggy was trashed as well - top of the motor was smashed and the transmission housing was broken. Just glad to hear he is going to be all right once he heals up.

Tim Bacon NASTY ROLL OVER !!! Horsepower hill aetna

Here's some pics

PB060317.jpg

PB060320.jpg

Took a couple of screenshots of the video. This is why we always say helmets and harnesses are a must. He is lucky he did not lose an arm too. And lucky he did not break his neck. You decide...

Screenshot2010-11-09at94516PM.png

Screenshot2010-11-09at94635PM.png

bigsilly said:
Took a couple of screenshots of the video. This is why we always say helmets and harnesses are a must. He is lucky he did not lose an arm too. And lucky he did not break his neck. You decide...

Screenshot2010-11-09at94516PM.png

Screenshot2010-11-09at94635PM.png

Right before he landed on his roof I saw his arm sticking out of the cage and I thought for sure he was going to have a crushed or severed arm but somehow he didnt. I was really more worried about whether he was going to be alive or not when he came to rest. Thank God he only ended up with stitches and staples. Could've been alot worse

I was over at his shop last night. He's doing fine & is now preaching FULL HARNESSES.

We watched the video a few times & picked out that the steering wheel gashed his chin, the T handle shifter is what caught his ear. The ground got the back of his head.
The buggy needs a new transmission case and one of the propane setups will have to be replaced. And the shifter is gonna get filed a little more to make it easier to hit reverse.

Big thanks to the nurses who jumped in & bandaged him up, Wes for hauling him out & to the hospital & to everyone that pitched in a helping hand through out.

A bunch of us are planning on coming down to watch @ Grayrock Saturday then probably riding somewhere close to home Sunday

Helmet?.......sumbitch has a cage!
Harness?....lap belt will do dis fine
Cooler?....well hell yea!

hit it

[Looks like he learned a hard lesson. Wear your shoulder harnesses and never let go of the wheel.

Never let go of the wheel is alot easier said then done especially in a rollover that radical. Back in my rail job days I had a buddy with just the lapbelt on and rolled on a small hill just one time. He bent the steering rod to the floor of the buggy but it spit him out like a potato. It happened so fast I was like how the hell did that happen esp with the lapbelt on. He could not believe how fast it happened and that it spit him out of the buggy.
I think the arm restraints like is used in the World Of Outlaws would be good investment for climbing hills that size.
We all push the limits each time we are out that is part of the thrill Just glad he is gonna be okay with a little healing time.

When I rolled at speed I grabbed the wheel as hard as I could and if I weren't wearing shoulder harnesses I doubt I could have held on.

I watched a dipshit take a RZR up a huge rock hill on Saturday without a seatbelt. He dumped it and fell out. If it had been a roll he would have been hurt bad.

WTF? I just don't get it. It is SO easy to buckle up.