• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Balanced Beadlocks?

Whovits

Anyone have any feed back on balancing weld on beadlocks? I have heard of a few who put 8 oz. of BB's in the tire and that was supposed to help, but I never heard how it turned out. I have a set of weld on beadlocks that I am going to install but am worried that I wont be able to drive on the freeway. My truck is not a daily driver but I would like to continue to drive it to the trail, camping etc. Any info would be appreciated.

The whole BB/pellets thing curing vibrations seems to be "in the eye of the beholder"......so to speak. I tried it once and noticed little difference. And hearing then roll around in the tire on the trail was annoying.

Beadlocks are for offroad use only.....you learn to deal with vibrations.

Besides......bent drivelines, flexible springs, bump steer, death wobble, etc. will make your ride quality way worse than unbalanced wheels and tires.

Having a rig that is vibration free......and a truly capable 4x4, is unrealistic.

???Maybe beadlocks aren't for you???

The whole BB/pellets thing curing vibrations seems to be "in the eye of the beholder"......so to speak. I tried it once and noticed little difference. And hearing then roll around in the tire on the trail was annoying.

Beadlocks are for offroad use only.....you learn to deal with vibrations.

Besides......bent drivelines, flexible springs, bump steer, death wobble, etc. will make your ride quality way worse than unbalanced wheels and tires.

Having a rig that is vibration free......and a truly capable 4x4, is unrealistic.

???Maybe beadlocks aren't for you???

:clappy:

I run the freeway with mine on occasion. It doesn't seem bad to me. I haven't done anything to balance them.

I can deal with the virbration, I just dont want to be thrown off the road on the occasion I do go highway speeds. Thanks guys

I put about 10oz of air softs in my 39.5 iroks. Seems better than my 36 SXs were. Some tires bead protector fit around the outer ring better than others. Have your outers cut to fit the tire your using. Me, I think Ill find some used 35-37s on reg wheels for doing any street time and save the beadlocks for more hardcore stuff, and trailer it.
My biggest vibration was from my Sch 40 drivelines.
Really its hard to get a 39.5 under a rig, and keep it street legal. If you dont want them rubbin ****.

My rig splits duty between daily driving and trails.

I use the little dyna beads to balance my bead lock wheels. Driving on the road they work great. They are ceramic so they are not affected by the moisture that builds up in the tire from airing up and down.

Latest posts