• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

DIY weld on beadlocks?

Jonesn

Have a spare set of 16" aluminum wheels laying around and ran across a deal on a set of 38" TSLs for cheap to have as a spare set.

My google searching didn't turn up much. Anyone sell a set of aluminum inner rings for a DIY weld on style beadlock? Or would I be better off buying a set of steel 16's and going that route?

Don't know about y'all but, it's hard for me to follow half the threads on Pirate, too much BS and know-it-alls that don't know ****.
That being said there is a lot of good info if you can stand to wade through it.

Did my own about 9 years ago. Cut the rings on a water jet, milled down some Eagles and welded myself with a spool gun. They are only 1/4" 6061 but, have held up great. I used a V-belt for anti-coning rings and have since replaced the outers with steel rings.
Make sure you have a competent welder install them and use the correct length bolts, not too long and it should be fine. IMHO

Disclaimer: ^^Just make sure you plan it all out and do you research before doing going this route.^^