• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

balancing my tires with airsoft bb's?

dove'd85

does anyone have a chart or no where i can find a chart to balance a set of 37X13.50XR17 Interco's they are on a 9in wide rim with stock back spacing, though i don't think the back spacing matters, i am not sure how many ounces of bb's each tire needs?thanks in advance:beer:

james

Last edited:
i have learned that its almost a waste of time to balance a tire of this size cause it will never stay balanced. one rock or one good bump in the road can make the tire shift. if its for offroad use only i wouldnt worry about it. i did however have a set of 37 inch cooper stt on my chev and they were unbalanced and ran almost perfect. so if u ever find a chart and get a good balance on the tires let me know cause i would be interested in doing it too. thanks

I think I started a thread on this a while ago, and Karl had posted that before:eeek: I used in on my 36 IROKS never had any issues at 80mph:awesomework: Gonna do it on my 39 IROKs too, and probably a set of 35" MTRs too.

I removed the clamp stick on weights, added up the wheel that had the most weight on it. THen put 20 oz's of copper bb's in ea tire. These are on my 38.5 TSLSX.

I have had no balance problems since

If they sell them for use in high speed motorcycle tires, they should work in our little tires:awesomework:

the concept is still the same...

damn that was fast:cool:

john-yes i have been driving my truck on the street for a good month now, it drives straight as an arrow and doesn't have any sort of wandering or pulling issues, but i do have a little bit of vibration, there are a couple of things it could be, i am in the process of setting up a third for my rear end, because my detriots acting funny..:rolleyes: , and i no my carrier bearing is bad i haven't looked to hard for one but i know that they are not cheap:mad: . so i will put some bb's in my tires see what happends.:corn:

:hi: karl thanks for the links

by the way the tires are for my daily/weekend wheeler:awesomework:

and i would bever run copper bb's man that **** is gunna rust:;

I'm running about 18 ounces on BB's in my tires with no issues. BB's, Air soft pellets, either work, only problem is the pellets are lighter so you have to use more.

Now as far as people saying "oh BB's break down and clog you air valve" I say BS. I just had my tires mounted on a new set of wheels and after 2 years of runnign BB's they still looked fine. The inside of your tire breaks down before the BB's do.

Just my $0.02.

I like the airsoft, because some one was saying they could here the BBs pinging off the rim, when they slowed down and i didn't want to listen to that.

I am going to use handfuls of rocks on my next set of tires, should work the same, maybe so dirt.:awesomework:
Save a lot of money that way, since rocks are free:cool:

yeah, the heavyweight airsoft bb's are all i'll balance tires with anymore. i put them in my iroks, and we drove them on my dad's truck, it was like driving on glass! :awesomework: so,i put them in my little 31's on the subaru, that car has never driven so smoothly, ever. i think it was 6 or 7 oz. i used in the 31's and about 12 or 13oz in the 39.5 iroks. i went off of the innovative balancing charts to get a rough estimate and then went over a little bit.

I think the bb's work decently.
I could have probably used more, or less, I don't know.

I put bb's in my 33" Pro Comp on Friday when I mounted them.

I bought two things of 1200 bb's and put half in each tire, so each tire got about 600 bb's. I have no clue how much that is...

The are pretty smooth up to about 65. But, why do you need to go over 65 if the truck is lifted, that is how I see it.

Overall, I would do it agian. Much cheaper and WAY easier than having them balanced at a shop!!

When coming to a stop from higher speeds, you can hear the bb's, but I think it sounds cool!

no wonder.... 6oz is twice that in weight... i had to buy 2, 5000 bb containers of the heavy weight airsoft bb's to balance my 39's. and another 5000 for my 31's... you probably should of researched the weight, before you put them in... if you put WAY too little in they won't balance right...

I use bb gun bb's, not airsoft bb's by the way. There is probably a susbtatial weight differance there.

I probably should have researched the wieghts alittle more, but I was in a big hurry to get them on the truck so I could drive it (sold the wheels and tires that were on it)...

It works great, except when dismounting. Make sure you tell whoever is doing the work that you have bb's in them.... :haha: