• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bamboo fishing rod

TreeClimber

I acquired a Sport King bamboo rod, M65.
It's a three piece unit, in original case, apprx 9 foot.
Also comes with a spare tip piece (totalling 4 unique components)
It's also my understanding this is a fly-fishing rod.
Apparantly it's quite old.
Condition wise, it looks like it's brand-new, and my guess is it's never been used.

If someone here is desireful of this, for reasons other than reselling it, please let me know. I'd like it to go to someone who'll actually go fishing with it. If multiple users want it, I'll delete this thread and place it in the For-Sale section.

Located in Kitsap County / Gig Harbor area.
Will ship ONLY on your dime.

Last edited:
That thing is probably worth at least $150. Someone should jump on that.:awesomework:

Don't know it's cash value. It cost me nothing. It'll cost the next owner a little fuel to come get it.

None needed, none wanted. Just trying to find this a good home, with someone who'll go fishing with it.

Had a couple of inquirys so far. I'll wait a little while longer for the Monday users to see the thread, then make a decision.

$150 sounds a little much for it but its possible, I know exactly what rod that is.

Anyone watch storage wars where Darrel found some bamboo fishing rods and made a few thousand off of them? :stirpot:

If it's as nice as it sounds, it's worth maybe $100. I've seen a few for sale for $100-$150, but they're not selling. There is a complete one on ebay for $50 with no bids, but it's got rusty guides.

Sport King rods were sold by Montgomery Wards back in the day. Depending on the model, there were a couple different companies that made them for Wards. They were never high-dollar rods, but seem to be liked better than the cheap rods that came out of China. I haven't looked into it enough to know the exact age, but it looks like they were sold mostly in the 1950s and 1960s.

It would be a great rod to actually use since it's not really heirloom value, but it's still pretty cool.