• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bashing...Wraith or 1/10th Summit?

CHOP SHOP

I am looking for a basher. I like the Traxxas summit and played with one at the hammers last year. It was stock and I had a blast.

Now I see the Axial Wraith. Looks fun till I seen youtube vids of it on the track.

Any input?

Anyone own both rigs?

Im thinking I can build a wraith like rig out of my txt if I go that way.

Has anyone had the wraith at the track or jumped it?

Most videos just show it hopping over gravel and small rocks.

It looks more like a rock hopper than a rock racer? maybe just me?

I DO NOT CARE about scale looks AT ALL and looks will not be a consideration at all.

Thanks.

You will enjoy the wrath Brad. Just make sure to get a brushless system for it.

But yes its more of a rock racer than anything but can still be a "ok" crawler.

I have a wraith and it kicks ass. If you put the right motor/esc/battery combo they can haul some ass for a crawler. I have yet to play with the summit, I did have a summit trans in my ax10 w/ a puller motor and having 2 speeds was a blast. I size a consideration? obviously there is quite a bit of a difference there.

Well being cheap got the best of me. While allot of the time I will shop for things based on features, other times I can be swayed to something else if its CHEAP! This is one of those times.

I was looking at craigslist and seen a beat up looking Traxxas EMaxx listed up for $150. It looked like it was kinda a beater in the pics but it had a Novak brushless motor and HVmaxx esc. So I offered the guy $100 in a text. He txted back and said he would take $120. He lives about 20 minutes from me so I met him on the way home yesterday.

It was dark and I had no batteries to test the ESC/motor. I noticed the front diff was not working either. Easy fix.

I offered the same 100 as earlier and he happily took it. He was a nice older gent that looked like he was maybe an army guy.

After getting home and looking things over and digging thru a box of parts I found that it has..........

Aluminum shocks (8) with dual rate spring kits
Integy alum shock towers
Integyalum bulkhead/diff mounts
Integy alum skidplates
Integy alum chassis braces/subframe
RPM A-arms upper and lower
Gorilla alum tranny cases
Novak brushless fan cooled ESC
Novak large single brushless motor
Chrome plated steel roll cage for a body
Gorilla battery mounts
Losi/spektrum FM radio and reciever
Hitec steering servo
All 6 drivelines and axles are steel captured CVD axles

Needles to say I am pretty stoked about scoring it so cheap with all the listed parts. I had a TMaxx back in the nitro days (never nitro, ever again) and was happy with it other than the nitro part. So Im already pretty familiar with the ins and outs of the chassis and how much abuse they will take.

Any Emaxx owners have any advice?

Im gonna beat this thing like a remote control Tom Meents!

Congrats, I've got a bone stock Emaxx and I enjoy beating on it. When I get home one of my to-do items is swap out the motor/esc in it for something with more balls. Sound like you got one hell of a deal there Brad.