• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Battery mounting location. Yay or nay?

DHR Darren

In our racecars we have trunk mount batteries by the fuel cell but for some reason I am unsure on mounting the battery here.
I would mount it behind the cell but a protech box is going there.

Note vent to right of battery.

Thoughts & ideas?

On "race" cars the battery is typically near the fuel cell because your trying to get weight over the rear tires for traction. On a wheeler it doesn't really matter where but the shorter the cables are the better. I would not mount a battery right next to a fuel vent though.

On "race" cars the battery is typically near the fuel cell because your trying to get weight over the rear tires for traction. On a wheeler it doesn't really matter where by the shorter the cables are the better. I would not mount a battery right next to a fuel vent though.

The vent is a concern so I was going to plumb it away from everything anyway. I could cut the floor under the seat and "french" it in there. No room under hood anymore.

Why not put it in the "glovebox" under the seat? or do the trucks not have those.

and, Why won't it fit under the hood?:flipoff:

Put the toolbox on top of the fuel tank, put battery inside toolbox; vent outside.

A plus to this would be having the fuel filler inside the toolbox allowing you to lock it.

Put the toolbox on top of the fuel tank, put battery inside toolbox; vent outside.

A plus to this would be having the fuel filler inside the toolbox allowing you to lock it.

I thought about mounting it inside the box. Box is 20x24x48 so I cant mount it on top of tank.

If you plumb the vent properly, and away from the battery mount, it's no worse than a battery mounted under the hood, near the fuel system components there that are subject to leaking potential anyhow. I agree with Brad though on the choice of battery..

If you plumb the vent properly, and away from the battery mount, it's no worse than a battery mounted under the hood, near the fuel system components there that are subject to leaking potential anyhow. I agree with Brad though on the choice of battery..

What battery do you guys run?
I am a fan of Armor Plate in 12v and Powermaster for 16v

Not so much location as type and how its secured.

My duel optima's are right behind my fuel cell--been that way for years but its also surrounded by tube.