• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Beadlock Tips

Beerj

Sonzabitches!
Trying to get the outer bead to seat around the lip that the ring bolts into. Already lubed real good and on a 5 gal bucket. Also tried the engine hoist method which worked great to get the rim into the tire but not so much for this part. It's kicking my ass at this point.

I had the wheel sitting on a bucket and used a flat head screwdriver to get it in place.

1tonrenegade said:
Bolt it down
Tried that. I think a combination of the grippers on the inside of the ring and the rubber compound wouldn't let it go. I figured the powder coating that would get boogered up would be hidden so I tried the screwdriver. Went easier than I expected. Only had to pry in 2 spots. Thanks guys, I'm a happy camper now. thumb.gif loller.gif :spin: :woot:

sappmann said:
lets see them mounted i bet it looks good
Unfortunately only my rear axle is currently the right lug pattern but this is exactly where they will go. Buggy is at ride height. But yeah, I think they look fantastic!

So in your pic, hold onto the bead on one side (so I doesn't lift as you pry from the other). Start prying with the screw driver on the other side where it's not over the lip and just work your way around. It doesn't take a lot of pressure. Just work around an inch or 2 at a time and you'll be done in about 2 mins.

That's pretty much exactly what I ended up doing. Water with a good bit of dish soap. Once I got the tire and rim on the bucket I'd have an 8 to 10" area that needed to go down so I stood on the bead and used a flat head to pull the bead clear of the lip. Couple of taps with a rubber mallet and it was down. One of them actually went down without any issues but I think that was after I heated the garage to 80°.

What really surprised me was after going around tightening the bolts a couple of times I still had about 3/8s of an inch gap between the ring and rim. I measured the gap with no tire and it was only 1/2" opening. The bead on the tire is about 7/8s thick but after making about 10 trips around it finally closed up with all bolts torqued to 30 lbs. I heard of some people needing spacer rings with racelines but I dont think they make them for spyderlocks and luckily I didn't need them.