• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bear hunters?

WTOCHEVOTA

Any succesfull bear hunters out their this weekend?? I seen one bear yesterday, too small though. I talked to one camper today that wanted me to come to his camp because a bear had ran sacked his cooler last night! hahaha

no luck here. the 8100 out by Kalama horse camp is washed out....would have been nice to know that before 4 30 in the morning :booo:

l_32075cbb79e78fb86425491230b24aa6.jpg

Damn! I wanna choot a bear soo bad.... Never even gave it a thought....
What calibers use guys use for bear? bout the same as a deer Id imagine...

I grew up bear hunting with my dad and his dogs. This picture was taken on the penninsula in Washington. My buddy has dogs still and he gets hired by Weyerhauser and other timber companies to do spring damage control hunts. Bear hunting with dogs is illegall now in Washington except for certain special permits like this, but that's a whole notha' story.....

Stolen from Seattle Times.

Woman fatally shot by boy hunting bear

Rockport, Skagit County

A woman hiking on Sauk Mountain near Rockport was shot and killed Saturday morning by a boy who was hunting for a bear, Skagit County deputies said.

The 54-year-old woman, of Oso, Snohomish County, was hiking with a friend and stopped on the trail to put something in her backpack. The boy, who lives near Concrete, mistook the woman for a bear and fired one shot, according to the Skagit County Sheriff's Office.

After being alerted at about 10:30 a.m., search-and-rescue teams found the woman's body in steep terrain. The boy was accompanied by at least one adult, deputies said.

The Skagit County Sheriff's Office and the Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife are investigating

Just saw that on the news---fukked up....Whoever was with the boy should be shot:looser: ---can't tell the difference between a bear and a woman hiking, MY ASS!!! I mean really.....:rolleyes:
This is what worries me when I'm hunting Modern firearm-----> Idiots!!!

Just saw that on the news---fukked up....Whoever was with the boy should be shot:looser: ---can't tell the difference between a bear and a woman hiking, MY ASS!!! I mean really.....:rolleyes:

14 year old kid and he was with his 16 year old brother:booo: Grandpa just dropped them off and left. :booo:

That gal is the mom of one of the guys that works with us when we are up in NW region....
Pretty messed up...:booo:

ummmm NO where the hell did you get that:eeek: My kid started hunting with me at 16 and never left my sight while hunting.

As it should be. But some split up to increase their chances. One hunter sets on a ridge while the other works his way up the canyon. A basic hunting tactic.

As it should be. But some split up to increase their chances. One hunter sets on a ridge while the other works his way up the canyon. A basic hunting tactic.

with seasoned hunters yes I agree but in this case grandpa dropped them off and went home:eeek: