• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Beasley Knob OHV

TheViking

Targeted
Anyone ran the trails at Beasley Knob? I went to Helen, Ga and picked up a USDA map listing it and thinking of loading up my Bronco on the trailer in the spring and heading there.

The only thing there is dirt roads. It used to be fun before they "improved" it. If it rains it becomes impossible. To me, its not worth the gas.

Where is the rock? It's such a shame there is no where in NE GA to ride even close to an AOP, GMP, HP, type of place... If someone wants s to open up a kick ass park and take a bunch of $ from ATL that would be great!

I think its a cool place to trail ride and leaf look. No real obstacles but a lot of trail riding. If you aren't to far away it makes a cool easy ride. Go in the summer, stay the weekend in north ga, hit Beasley Knob one day and do some tubing/rafting the other day. Cartecay River Experience is about 30 minutes from there and a fun place to tube or kayak. And they have a big primitive campground right on the river there. We have done this a couple times, makes for a great full weekend.

Its usually closed in the winter time. There is one trail that gets a little hairy. Back in the day it was 231. They have changed the trail numbers over the years. I heard they recently added a few more miles worth of trails.

I am in Cleveland, Ga and have wheeled this place since the early 2000's. If you plan to go riding there it is worth checking to make sure it is open, because quit often the forest service will close trail systems down when there has been a rain event, they put this info on there web site...this may save you the trouble of driving to the place and it being closed when you show up...had this happen to me before....

The hardest trail there is 93B. This trail climbs a long steep grade up the mountain, at the end of this trail if you turn left it goes up to the top of the Knob which is the highest point in the trail system, 'good view when the leafs are gone'. This trail is loose dirt, loose rock, with one rocky ledge that is usually wet in some fashion...and can hurt some feelings because it does not look like anything. Dry-no problem , Wet-you will need the Rev limiter.

Above this rocky ledge it usually never gets much sunlight so it is the typical black slick dirt, which means you need wheel speed to get up it. This place is a NO go if it has been raining and if the ground going through the freeze and thaw cycle enough to have ice coming up out of the dirt.

A few years ago (maybe two) they re-routed some of the trails away from the water crossings because of "erosion issues" their words. This really made the place a lot different because it cut off a good bit of the trail system as you can imagine...most of the hills there are clay with steep ups and downs. It is a fun place to go with a moderately built trail rig for a day trip or to have a good afternoon in the woods riding when the weather is nice. I have taken my buggy up there a few times and it runs HOT everytime because of the long pulls up some of the hills, (it never runs hot at other parks, AOP ect...)

Here is a link to a trail map, i hope it works...if it don't you can google Beasley's Knob Trail Map
https://forum.ih8mud.com/attachments/beasley-knob-ohv-map-jpg.447118/

back in the mid 90's Beasley Knob was good place to ride. Quite steep and a few pretty damn good climbs back then. Like most thing the US Forest Service touches, crap now or gone.
Another place outside of Tellico that was good was Little Buffalo in Robbinsville. Hardly anyone knew about and it was an all day ride. If you broke, it was on because you were seriously in BFE. :****:

this trail turns off the main dirt road that comes in by the two large propane tanks, if you come in from that side it will be to the Left....i always park on the other side, which is the side that is closest to Wendy's. If you come in from that parking area you would have to ride into the trail system and get on the Main dirt roads to ride to the other side, and you would then be turning Right up the mountain to go up 93B..

93b is below what the locals call Blue Rock or Rattlesnake Hill which is at the top of the Knob...i have saw a few rig back flip off of this trail because it is very steep! I was with a group there around 2007-08ish and one of the guys in the group rolled at the top of the mountain and the picture ended up on the cover of Peterson's 4wheel drive.

There were some hills there that were so steep the only rigs that i was told ever went up them were rail buggys and maybe some crazy person brave enough to try it on a dirt bike, i NEVER saw any 4wd make it... not even half way....and they had a sign posted on this hill that said UP HILL ONLY.

This is at the Top of the Knob.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2dP8OXwAjs

Thanks for the input Im looking for a easy trail ride to do with the girlfriend and kids and give the trail and F250 a shaked down run. So this should work great!

Latest posts