• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

BeerJ's BuzzBuggy Build-o-rama!

I'm showing 9 to windrock. But either way that brings up another thing I have to do. Need to do something with my trailer fenders. I don't think they'll survive very long getting driven over.

I took 3" wide 1/4" thick flat bar and put it over my fenders with one upright support in the middle and it's been fine. I can take pics if needed.

Patrick someone told me they would get back with me about a shifter 2 weeks ago.. he's holding me up.. :****:

Dude I built some tube fenders and widened the trailer a little the whole way down and then covered with checker plate and it has been great I wish I had some pics to post but I would definitely think about the tube option

Found one

jccarter1 said:
Dude I built some tube fenders and widened the trailer a little the whole way down and then covered with checker plate and it has been great I wish I had some pics to post but I would definitely think about the tube option
I like that idea. Need to take some measurements but I might not have a choice just to try and keep more than 1/2 of my tire on the trailer. Lol

5BrothersFabrication said:
YES!!!!!!! THAT'S ALL YOU JOHN!!!! :woot:
Believe me, I'm sure as hell gonna try. thumb.gif

Beerj said:
I like that idea. Need to take some measurements but I might not have a choice just to try and keep more than 1/2 of my tire on the trailer. Lol
Believe me, I'm sure as hell gonna try. thumb.gif

1/2 of the tire is plenty you overachiever. Just load that **** and let's ride.

A group of us from Ohio and West Virginia will be at windrock sept 22-25, save the date mang

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pholmann said:
Get two 8ft long 2x8 pieces of wood. Lay them sideways on the trailer where the tires of the rig are.
I had a narrow trailer and did the half of tire thing. Made me nervous. Wood was a quick fix.

pholmann said:
You forgot the booyang and :driving: thumb.gif

Zjman said:
A group of us from Ohio and West Virginia will be at windrock sept 22-25, save the date mang

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll keep that in mind too. I have no idea what out work schedules will be that late in the year so options are good.

Eddyj said:
Get two 8ft long 2x8 pieces of wood. Lay them sideways on the trailer where the tires of the rig are.
I had a narrow trailer and did the half of tire thing. Made me nervous. Wood was a quick fix.
That would probably be easiest. We'll see. I've got rails too so it wouldnt be much work to make a width extension that just dropped into to rails.

Beerj said:
Good call. I constantly watch my tires but that's mostly because I still have the pos bias ply Chinese rubber on there

I got 10 ply but i still watch them. Me and 2 buddies all had Lawrimore build trailers with the drive over fenders and channel going down the side no one still has theirs. Mine now has diamond plate equipment trailer fenders i drive over them. Much happier.

kmcminn said:
I got 10 ply but i still watch them. Me and 2 buddies all had Lawrimore build trailers with the drive over fenders and channel going down the side no one still has theirs. Mine now has diamond plate equipment trailer fenders i drive over them. Much happier.

I had the same lawrimore buggy trailer, 12" channel runners/fenders all the way down the side. I really liked it, was nice to be able to walk all the way around the rig on the trailer also. I'd buy or build another.

So a vote for and a vote against. Maybe removable expanded metal extensions is a nice middle ground.

Got the wiring buttoned up and interior back in yesterday. So far I'm only leaking motor oil, steering oil, trans fluid and coolant. Not too shabby. :wtflol:

Latest posts