• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

BeerJ's BuzzBuggy Build-o-rama!

I can't remember what the deal was. Well it wasn't a like dislike deal. It was like a popular vote. It was weird what it was.

John, we learned a lot as we went together. It was cool because we did a lot of the same **** as far as cooling system, and parts research. You helped me out a ton along the way too. It was helpful having someone else to bounce ideas and **** off of for design, engineering, and problem solving.

For sure man, it worked out really well. Can't wait to head down that way this fall or so to get these things on the same trails.

The front end unloading in the video is a little odd. Unless you were on the brakes and the tranny was still pushing.
Is it sitting at ride height?

I was on the brakes a little but they suck so I don't think they are the cause. I think it might be since I was turning hard and with the front end locked it was almost the same as getting on the brakes. What you can't see is the passenger side is compressing at the same time. And yes, it's at ride height

I wish this forum had a self appointed know it all, that could diagnose the problem using telepathy and google....

My buggy does the same thing and it got much worse with the addition of the sticky tahrs. concrete or pavement and locked is what causes that. Your ride height looks to have not settled yet too which will make it a little worse. I would wait til it hits the trail some and then re-evaluate.

Pretty friggin sweet man, sooooo just how many beers did it take to build this bad boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pholmann said:
My buggy does the same thing and it got much worse with the addition of the sticky tahrs. concrete or pavement and locked is what causes that. Your ride height looks to have not settled yet too which will make it a little worse. I would wait til it hits the trail some and then re-evaluate.

Yup, same with mine, looks good man, now load up and drive south :****:

Zjman said:
Pretty friggin sweet man, sooooo just how many beers did it take to build this bad boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. I'll have to count the empties (cases) and get back to you on that. :drinkers:

nhl_bullitt said:
Big congrats man. loller.gif
Thanks dude. Lots of time, money and work starting to pay off. You know what I mean. ;)

poolman said:
Yup, same with mine, looks good man, now load up and drive south :****:
Thanks and good to know. I need to make sure all of the bugs are worked out before I make the 11+ hr drive down to yall. Maybe some shafts for the front too. I'm thinking a fall HL ride would be appropriate. :woot:

I think I got the coolant bled. Apparently my temp gauge isn't working quite right. It peggs out at 250° within 5 min after a cold start. I grew suspicious so I picked up a bluetooth obd2 scanner. $21 for the scanner and $5 for the app. Friggin awesome. Factory temp gauge has me sitting right around 190° pretty consistently. Drove down the road to make sure it didn't jump. We're good! If I ever get a day off then maybe I can accomplish more than playing with it. :****:
https://youtu.be/TUpP-Cmltkk

Who dafuq is 11 hrs. Windrock is 8.5. That's what's important. :stir:

Btw the (unofficial) fall hardline get together is harlan oct 6-8 at Putney campground.