• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

BeerJ's BuzzBuggy Build-o-rama!

Welp, took her out to Rausch Creek this morning. I tell ya what, there's a MASSIVE difference between this and my old yj on 35's and leafs. Most of the differences are good things except for the one where my yj never left me sit. Lol. Apparently the rubber gasket that comes with RCI fill necks isn't gas resistant. Who knew? :dunno:
I could deal with a small leak but my pump and filter did not get along with all of that rubber in the tank. So today I learned that yes, a prefilter to the pump would be wise. Also no parts stores have my filter in stock. I'm curious what rci has to say about this but im sure it will be blamed on the ethanol. Other than that though, that 1 hr I got to wheel was everything I'd hoped for during the last 2 years building.
3f853618693ba0a878dce29c39fa8f68.jpg

Beerj said:
Welp, took her out to Rausch Creek this morning. I tell ya what, there's a MASSIVE difference between this and my old yj on 35's and leafs. Most of the differences are good things except for the one where my yj never left me sit. Lol. Apparently the rubber gasket that comes with RCI fill necks isn't gas resistant. Who knew? :dunno:
I could deal with a small leak but my pump and filter did not get along with all of that rubber in the tank. So today I learned that yes, a prefilter to the pump would be wise. Also no parts stores have my filter in stock. I'm curious what rci has to say about this but im sure it will be blamed on the ethanol. Other than that though, that 1 hr I got to wheel was everything I'd hoped for during the last 2 years building.
3f853618693ba0a878dce29c39fa8f68.jpg

I have had old and new ones do that. Take the fill neck and sending unit out and replace with the gas resistant silicone from vatozone. Never had that problem anymore.

RCI is just going to send new gaskets that will do the same thing.

At this point I definitely won't be using their gaskets no matter what. But if they send a pump and reg/filter then we might almost be even. Spending my day elbow deep in gas instead of wheeling isn't real fun. More fun than sitting at home but it could be better. No action or even poser shots but she snapped a couple.
0878e3e81847fcf51628e984fa93f593.jpg
71224752f2a4dc334a6ec3e9bf9758a4.jpg

For sure! As usual, videos don't do the obstacles justice. The Crawler Ridge one especially. It's a series of pretty big ledges with a small gap at the top. The sort of place you really don't want to go sideways on. That being said, now that I know the line I bet I could 1 shot both of those places.

The only real "issue" the buggy gave me was it wanted to get hot when it would sit running. It's not an airflow deal because I could just raise the throttle up to about 1k and it would cool down to mid 190's pretty quickly. It's almost gotta be coolant flow related. Either way, I'm tickled pink. Rode all day with no breakage and never got denied.

Thanks man. I'm sure the stock shafts and joints will only last so long. That being said, I'm impressed with what they handled yesterday.

kdoss54 said:
sweet rig now lets see you go bounce that thing. :dblthumb: :****:
Thanks man. thumb.gif I definitely gave'er more hell but didn't get it on camera. Also trying to take it somewhat easy until I get some more bouncy shafts in it.

nhl_bullitt said:
Heck yea buddy!
I know, right?! Can't wait to hit the trails again already :****:

Beerj said:
Thanks man. thumb.gif I definitely gave'er more hell but didn't get it on camera. Also trying to take it somewhat easy until I get some more bouncy shafts in it.

What shafts are you going with?

as others have said. Buggy looks and performs great. Wait until you break in those stickies after a few runs and youll be amazed at what they crawl.

Im sure there is plenty on room, but that rear tire looks awfully close to the coilover when stuffed in one of those vids.

Thanks dude. I got on one slab that required heating them up a little, after that it was like they were glue. If they get better than that then I'll really be impressed. As far as the clearance, there's probably about 2" if I remember correctly. Other than the largest lugs just so touching the lower links up front, everything seems to be fitting well while flexing.

Couple of leftover pics
45d41b3340818838c426d85fd71fa07d.jpg
d7115548afa5c74b0b3a223d3b794b79.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Latest posts