• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bender mount

NotMatt

Pretty soon here I'm going to have to figure out how to mount my bender to the ground or some other immobile object. Looking for some ideas. I know Hip has a pretty cool setup that mounts the bender into a receiver hitch, anybody else do anything unique?

I'm thinking for mine I'm going to dig up a spot in the middle of the driveway and put down a small slab. I have a good pedestal built for it already out of some square stock and flat 5/16's, just need something to bolt it to.

Let's see how you set yours up.. or if you don't have pics, explain it. :) (Oh yeah, and you guys with your fancy hydraulic benders on rolling carts... well, I'm just jealous, that's all.)

Cut a hole 24"X24"x24" or so in your garage floor, put a receiver hitch in vertically and fill it with cement. Then fab a mount that you can remove when not in use.

why not just some concrete anchor bolts, shot down into a nice thick slab?

Last edited:
--toyguy--- said:
why not just some concrete anchor bolts, shot down into a nice thick slab?

This is going to be my plan, just wanted to see if anyone had any other cool setups. :D

ahhh. just make sure it is good and secure with no give. that is why i am not a fan of the reciever mounts.

I hate bolts sticking up so I stub my toe on them. If I did the anchor bolt thing, I would create a recessed box and put 3/16" plate over it after I was done with the bender.

I used a 12"x12" 3/8" plate for a base plate with a 3x3x1/4 rec tube for the pole. Then I made a 1/4" plate and made the the thing like a giant "keyhole" shape so I had a radius plate that stuck out past were the bender traveled. That way I could clamp a vise grip to it for a stop on repeated bends.

Then get your self some 1/2" bolts and some 1/2" coupler nuts. Then put the plate own where you want it and mark the holes and drill with a core drill 4 holes to epoxy the coupler nuts into the floor flush. Oh ya, when you put the coupler nuts in the hole you have to have a hole larger than the nut and rough up the nut a bit and make sure your bolt is screwed in too. Then back out the bolt when it starts to set up. Use a tap to clean out the threads if needed once cured.

Hilti has all kinds of epoxy that will more than do the job. Just make sure you blow the holes clean and fallow instructions. You will need a double tube caulking gun too.

Also one more thing, make up your stand and them mount your plate to the floor. With your bender mounted up, level it that out and then tack it down to the base plate leveled out and weld it up.

I hope that helps. :haha: :redneck:

Last edited:
Comet said:
Cut a hole 24"X24"x24" or so in your garage floor, put a receiver hitch in vertically and fill it with cement. Then fab a mount that you can remove when not in use.

I would be worried about that setup wobbling around when you are trying to setup compound bends and such.

Ziptie it to the floor :flipoff:

Let me know when you want me to come out and wire up your 240v welder you haven't got yet :D

I used anchor lugs basically threaded inserts and then sunk them into the concrete in different spots in the garage. no bolts sticking up and I can use them for the axle stand as well

I have a couple of 4"-600 pipe flanges I use. One end is set in concrete, the other serves as a quick change for either a bench grinder, bender, vice, etc. :redneck: Just pick up a few extra flanges and make a quick change system.