• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bent axle? Maybe?

Jcampbell54

Ok so drivers side of my toy axle has acquired a mean lean to it. It's also the side I broke a longfield on. The only thing that's odd is it looks bent down. Don't know if you can tell much from the pic but give me some insight if you have any on what this is and if it could have cause my broke birf. Bent axle? Maybe something else?
nabupege.jpg

Sent from the mans IPhone.

May have tweeked the knuckle ball? Hard to tell from the pic, but housing looks straight between the chunk and knuckle ball :dunno:

Axle was easy in and out. And the tube itself looks straight. Just confuses my how you could bend it down, the top of the tire sticks out farther if that clears it up.

So you had it tore down AFTER it was bent like this? Might need to pull the knuckles off and see what they look like, may have broke something on the inside of them if the knuckle ball itself isn't tweeked.

Yes I've had it apart after it's been like that when I had to swap birf. It came out and new one in real easy. Trunion bearings looked good when I pulled them. It doesn't have any play in it when you jack it up. I'll add a little too it when it broke I was at full lock to the right just turning around when it grenaded the longfield. On damn near level ground.
eje9esyd.jpg

Re:

Damn! Besides trunion bearings, I can't see anything else doing that unless the spindle is bent down really bad or something. Hell Idk???

all the Toyota straight axles I've seen that WEREN'T bent had a mean tire lean like that. Then with bigger tires it makes it look worse.

When it bends, it'll be leaned the other way :****:

I wouldn't worry about it. Maybe check the wheel bearings and spindle bolts ???

Alignment :****:, probaly toe'd way in, i've seen front end being off cause tires to be in a crazy bind and lean just like that.

TBItoy said:
all the Toyota straight axles I've seen that WEREN'T bent had a mean tire lean like that. Then with bigger tires it makes it look worse.

When it bends, it'll be leaned the other way :****:

I wouldn't worry about it. Maybe check the wheel bearings and spindle bolts ???

That's what I was thinking about it being bent. Really just wanted some confirmation that no one thought that it caused the busted birf. It was in no kind of bind to blow like that.

Jcampbell54 said:
That's what I was thinking about it being bent. Really just wanted some confirmation that no one thought that it caused the busted birf. It was in no kind of bind to blow like that.

That long was damaged way before it actually came apart.

I've broke 3 and only one actually broke when I was hammering on it. The other 2 let go on basically flat ground.

TBItoy said:
That long was damaged way before it actually came apart.

I've broke 3 and only one actually broke when I was hammering on it. The other 2 let go on basically flat ground.

Ok thanks man. That's what I was looking to here. Appreciate it.