• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

bent connecting rod

1TONZR2

Big mudda fugga!
ok, so while preparing for the Harlan trip yesterday I finally get the battery hooked up to start the truck and start bleeding the steering system....so I guess an injector stuck open or something and it filled the #7 cylinder with fuel...locked up made a bad noise, but didnt really think anything of it at the time. pulled the plugs and cleaned it out and it fired up no prob.....but bad noises.
so basically after a lot of checkin stuff, pulled the pan to have a look....low and behold. so basically I am waiting on monday to get parts. I leave Thursday after work for KY.....hopefully!
on with the pics

not something you wanna see 5 days before the biggest trip of the year...
DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

BENT MUCH?!!?
DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

just a few more pics here....BUMMER!!!
Brian

That brings the suck for sure. Time for some eagle connecting rods son!!

yes sir it does. I put in a call to a local guy that does LSx swaps/work to see if he has a stock rod layin around....hopefully he does

I hydrolocked the 350 in my buggy unloading it off the trailer at telico. We ran it anyway, by the time we got to the top of lower 2, it clearanced itself, and did not make anymore noise for over a year.

It took several times hydrolocking it to figure out water would seep in around the aircleaner wingnut.

I dont have that kinda luck...If I would have kept running it, it would have fawked more up than that, so I pulled it. I am going to continue to work on my rig getting it ready for this weekend, hoping that I can get a new rod ASAP!

Brian

oh yea, got word this afternoon.....no used connecting rods from the local guy. bummer. to the stealership tomorrow

I hope I dont have to work on it while its on the trailer at Harlan before I can ride...that would suck. LOL no one here has EVER done that!! :flipoff1: :flipgotcha: :drinkers:

now I really feel like Kelly....talkin to myself in a thread started by myself....and pushing back the wrench fest another day.....

update on my situation: I can get everything but a connecting rod today, so I will have it tomorrow after work. I am off today so that gives me a chance to get the grass cut and the start cleaning everything off so we can get it together tomorrow. not the greatest of news, but at least it is news I can deal with. :eek: ::)

Harlan is fun as hell, but Im personally to the point that unless its a race or something... I dont do all that last minute BS, a trail isnt going to disappear overnight. laughing1

Good luck with it, your a dedicated sum bee to make that trip ! thumb.gif

If this was just a normal ride I wouldnt be sweating it at all, but I have been planning this for almost a year now and I am going to go!
I am going regardless, rig or not, but I would rather have the rig.

Brian

welp, the motor is back together and running! :flipoff1: :drinkers:
tomorrow I am going to call in sick to make sure everything is good to go with the rig and the trailer.....then work partial day on thursday, then on to Harlan bitches!

thanks....I have some things to do today, but minor stuff. I stayed home from work today COUGH COUGH....lol so I can get everything ready. we are so dead at work this week, so its no big deal.

Brian

awesome, nothing like a wrench fest, just dont make it every trip "cough" " cough" " kelly"