• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bent D.E. steering ram (psc)

civicmindedex79

I just found today that my steering ram on my buggy has a bent rod. :puke: This is my first d.e. ram to run. Is this common? Have many of you had this problem? Set up looks good to me. I was going to take pics but already have steering off of buggy. Drivers side is the one bent if that is needed info. Anybody got any ideas? This ram has been on 5 rides.

I had a single ended ram bend on me one time(low steer at the time), continued to run it and then im guessing that type steel couldn't bend much and it just sheared apart on another hit.

Couple of weeks ago at hawk pride I blew the gears out of the front end trying to get up a ledge. But there is no marks on the rod, cylinder, mounting surface at all. I really don't think that should have bent it. I was mostly just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and any ideas.

There was a post on here recently about this. I remember a few hardcore bouncers saying they had bent DE rams and changed to SE rams so the tie rod would send the shock to both wheels when you hit one wheel on something. Must be common.

I bent a single end ram at big dogs last year...the ram is mounted high and didn't contact anything, must just been shock load on it...

I haven't talk to psc yet. Took me an hour and three different people to get tech on the phone yesterday. They leave at 4:30 and it was 4:25 by the time the guy answered the phone. I have a new one on the way suppose to be here first thing in morning. I will be calling them back and asking.

I will have to search some more for that thread on this I hadn't found it. But I have noticed alot of the buggies are going to eagle machine s.e. rams now.

That is who actually hooked me up. I just had to go through a vendor (Scott at sunfire offroad) to get my ram sent out same day. Either way the set up looks good to me still. No warranty had the ram to long even though it has only been on buggy since january. Looking into getting a new rod and replacing it for a spare or maybe to sale.

Main thing is buggy is back together and ready to break again in SRRS :driving: :driving: :driving: :woot: :woot: :woot: :driving: :driving: :driving:!!