• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Best DOT approved tire thats off-road capable

Eh I guess I should say i think mine were cheaper... I run 33 10.50 15's on the lil jeep and 255 85 16's on the dually

$200 each iirc .... to be honest tho I haven't priced grapplers in a looooooong time

1tfrot said:
personally, I'd run either the Nitto Trail Grapplers or the Interco Trxus MTs (I've run the trxus and they're super tough, wear well and work great in all types of terrain)

I had the Truxxs MT and loved them....they worked like magic in the snow, and i felt like they were great in the dirt and mud, and the first set i had on my jeep i put over 50,000 miles on them. but when i bought a new set to put back on the jeep they were so bad the jeep was like a paint shaker...

i battled the typical train of thought with a lifted TJ...checked the steering, suspension, control arms ect. A friend kept telling me to check the tires...but they were brand new so i didn't think that was the issue, i never could find the problem causing the VIOLENT shaking and finally i went and had the New Truxxs MT's checked and 3 of them had belts that were broken...i bought them a 4wheel Parts and had the Tire warranty they were 13/32 when they were found to be bad, and they are 15/32 when new...so i used the Tire warrenty and replaced them with the BFG KM2's and i have had them ever since.. The tire warranty from 4wheel Parts is worth every dime, and it save me in this case.

i got the tires brand new the week before Tellico closed in 2009. Had i not had that issue with the Truxxs Mt's i would have kept running them. I love them that much, i have never had such a great tire in the snow, the BFG's do ok in snow but the voids are large and it makes it feel like it wants to shift side to side more....plus the Truxxs MT has more seeping which helps it in some conditions in my opinion. When i changed t0 the KM2 i could tell a difference in how well they got better traction then the Truxxs i places i wheeled where i would normaly not make it with the Truxxs and i could feel the KM2 just find traction and pull through.....you can feel them diggin under the jeep

PBR's...they're ok on the street , tough as hell so you've got a tire that doesn't make ya avoid the fun stuff ..and grips pretty dang good in everything but deep mud.

NItto Trail Grapplers :dblthumb: i have had a set of 37's on my jk, set of 37's on my 2500, and a set of 35's on my toyota. No issues with them so far.

You may look at the Pro Comp mt they have a good tread and have been great on wet road in my LJ they carry a 40k warranty. If I had plenty of cash the Nitto trail is probably the best made true tire on the market

Latest posts