• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Best DOT approved tire thats off-road capable

LUNCH

Dont wanna wear my stickies out on the road this summer so I'm gonna buy me another set of tires. Whats your opinions on what to buy?? I thought about Goodyear MTR's or Toyo MT's ?????????????????????????????????

I remember John G used to have a set of Red Labels & a set of Blue Labels (both in the 39 flavor). I think when he did Ultimate Adventure he ran the Blues. (Disclaimer: not sure what the status of Blues are as far as DOT goes)

Not sure what you run now, but that^^ can get super expensive.

How much do you plan to drive the Jeep? They will hold up pretty well on the road. Long trips will get them though.

So much of this depends on where you wheel. I have blue label Krawlers (my 3rd set) as well as MTR-K's right now. The Krawlers are great tires. The kevlars work good as well. Ive wheeled both all over Alabama.

And yes, blue labels are DOT.

RockHales said:
The one and only TSL. /thread ends.

I run 36x14.5r15 tsl sx radial, like them way better than the old school buckshot's I was running. If I find a set within reason (price) I will be getting another set as my current ones are getting a little more cracking that I like to use on the road. They are still in good shape as far as tread goes and dont sing/roar like the old buckshot did.

ToyotaTom said:
BFG KM2, I ran these tires on a daily driver and a trail rig with zero complaints.

TRUFE

I'very been running them on my dd/trail jeep and my dually.... they don't last as long on the dually as a street tire but I need to drive it into a bunch of muddy places.

They're a lot cheaper than mall grapples too lol

gottagofast said:
TRUFE

I'very been running them on my dd/trail jeep and my dually.... they don't last as long on the dually as a street tire but I need to drive it into a bunch of muddy places.

Are they? I run the 37's on my jeep, My buddy does as well. Another friend, same jeep has Trail Grapplers on it. Drives better, less out of round, and wears longer. They also hooked quite well at Moab and Western Co. He took some lines we weren't able to take without a bump. That's the main reason I want a set.

gottagofast said:
TRUFE

disagree. the 37x17 trail grapplers are cheaper than km2s and mtrs

What size?

Plenty of options in a 37" (and private branded tires like master crafts and such) that are built on a good 3 ply sidewall carcass

I have had great luck with the KM2's.

They have been on my TJ since around 2010. I have a friend that daily drives a set on a Toyota Tacoma and he has over 70,000 miles on them....but he keeps a good check on the air pressure and rotates them religiously. i have no clue how many miles i have on mine because the odometer does not work. i will only buy KM2's to put back on it and based on the mileage my friend has gotten. why buy an all-terrain tire if you can have a mud tire that will last that long....and get good traction.

KM2's may cost a little more then some others, but they far out last some of the opptions out there.
And by then you will have to buy two set and the BFG's will still be going....from what i have seen.

personally, I'd run either the Nitto Trail Grapplers or the Interco Trxus MTs (I've run the trxus and they're super tough, wear well and work great in all types of terrain)