• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Best gear for dana 60 front?

DUNCAN74

Broke front r&p this weekend.Was wondering whats the best gear to put back in it?Planning on building a 14 bolt front later but would like to put back together to go to Superlift this month.Thanks for any info!! While you guys are thinking about what is the going price to have a 14 bolt front built?Didn't know if there was anything from my 60 that could be used?It has 300m rcvs in it would really hate to have to buy another set of axles.Unless some has come out with 35 spline locker for 14 bolt?Thanks again guys.

I broke a Nitro in my buggy but it may not have anything to do with that brand. It is a low pinion 5.13. I was told by a few that Spicer is the strongest followed by Yukon. I went with Spicer for my Jana76 upgrade.

You are running a low 60 ? Are you having good luck out of it or does the Jana 76 make that much difference?By they way your rig looks sick good job!Thanks for info.

I ran the low pinion axle under my Samurai for over a year. After I put it under my buggy I broke it at Harlan on Little Jagger on the first ride.

I have beat on it much worse with the Jana76 and only broke a stock 14 bolt rear axle shaft. It does not have many rides on it yet though.

I had best luck out of Richmond gear it cost more but last longer. But after 5 of them it was time for a 14 bolt

5 is to many for me to replace couple maybe but after that time for something else like the route you went trentp.