• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Best highsteer arms for DE Ram.

kboring

After myself and a good buddy both had SE steering ram mount failures after doing violator @ chocco Friday night, I've decided that I need to change to a DE ram.

Who makes the best/strongest high steer arms for a Dana 60 that don't break the bank?

I've got Reid knuckles with 5th hole and ballistic arms right now. I like how the Artec arms tie everything together but just want to see if anyone has a better option.

the ARtec stuff is very nice if you can afford it… I really like how the arms are zinc plated unlike the majority of others out there, keeps them looking nice long term and keeps the arm from rusting to the studs so the come apart easily when you need them to...

Just asking but you had a ram mount failure, so now you need to switch steering arms and go to a DE ram? why not beef up a new ram mount and rock on?

But to answer your question, given the knuckles you have, i would go with the artec if you are going to make use of the extra tie in on the arm. If you aren't, take your pick but the BTF's that Rokcrler mentioned look stout.

I did this to one jeep i built, it was more to get the tie rods level but it might add some strength to the arms you already have :dunno:

kboring said:
After myself and a good buddy both had SE steering ram mount failures after doing violator @ chocco Friday night, I've decided that I need to change to a DE ram.

Who makes the best/strongest high steer arms for a Dana 60 that don't break the bank?

I've got Reid knuckles with 5th hole and ballistic arms right now. I like how the Artec arms tie everything together but just want to see if anyone has a better option.

get a balljoint front end they hold up great..... LOL

natedawgxj said:
get a balljoint front end they hold up great..... LOL

Did you do something to yours?

I was looking at 4 wheel supply to have the machine the knuckles from my 05+ 60 but my set up is working alright for now. I'm only running assist though.

I was planning on building a DE ram mount from tube in front of my axle and also using it as a duck down winch point when I do mine. I'm not too worried about mine not being true hi steer.
81aa246608dee1fd2e900a8e2645d150.jpg

04345ab60f7325b5cd4e7a6878dddf3c.jpg

Drilled the knuckle to 1" and burned in a 1x.120 wall piece of tube and made this double shear bracket. Had 10 trips on it and it's still holding up good. I've got stacked heims in it. At least the stock knuckles on this axle are beef.

Thanks for the heads up on the 4 wheel supply arms that's just what I was looking for!

And Nate your buggy is a freak bc of how good it goes! Reckon they call it the legend for good reason!

94xjsport94 said:
I was planning on building a DE ram mount from tube in front of my axle and also using it as a duck down winch point when I do mine. I'm not too worried about mine not being true hi steer.
81aa246608dee1fd2e900a8e2645d150.jpg

04345ab60f7325b5cd4e7a6878dddf3c.jpg

Drilled the knuckle to 1" and burned in a 1x.120 wall piece of tube and made this double shear bracket. Had 10 trips on it and it's still holding up good. I've got stacked heims in it. At least the stock knuckles on this axle are beef.
That looks like it turned out pretty good. I just priced out the Weaver Fab setup and after shipping, I'd be in damn near a grand. :-X Did you do any pre or post heat?

Was gonna ask the same thing. My buddy dam sure did when welding his knuckles. Lord what a process. Took forever. When he was done he Wrapped and buried them down in somthing to help cool sloooowww. Can't remember what it was Tho.