• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

best snow tires?????????????

I like the old MTR's personally.. I have ran iroks, swampers, bfgs, and some other OK brand brands but I like them MTRs alot.. I mean the Irok's worked awsome just cant find them used anymore. I picked up a set of mtr's with about 80% tread and have 400$ into them so I like them more that way ahahaha..:redneck:

I will attest to the old 37" MTR's...absolutely amazing in the snow. I'm excited to see how my new 39.5 Iroks do this season:beer:

Get some chains that fit your tire and wheel combo and you will then have the best snow tire for wheeling that you can.

:eeek:

Sometimes. When its icy as hell, its nice to have chains, but when your in the deep ****, you don't want chains. Why? Because they lead to you digging down, an in the deep stuff, you want to float.:cheer: At least, IMO.
Yup! Just ask Oil Can how them chains worked!!!:stirpot:

I have ssr' they kick ass not the best would rather have some iroks or pitbulls. i slapped some chains on tonight and went on a little ice mission tonight still was slidding everywhere, imo not worth the work to put them on!

Running an MTR clone from Treadwright on my FJ80. Took the road up to Evans Creek yesterday and they plowed through 24"+ without too much trouble. I'm only running a 33" (my daily driver) and didn't even have to air down or lock it up. Great tires, waaaay better than my old BFG MT's.

Hijack: Evans is closed until March, but is it legal to run the road system to the top through the ORV area? I didn't go in, I just ran up there and back so the family could play in the snow.

Ruling out stupid wide tires that might work great crossing tundra but would suck on mixed condition trails. Out of tsl's mtrs bfgs stickies my money is on Irocks. Never seen the pitbulls in action though.

Running an MTR clone from Treadwright on my FJ80. Took the road up to Evans Creek yesterday and they plowed through 24"+ without too much trouble. I'm only running a 33" (my daily driver) and didn't even have to air down or lock it up. Great tires, waaaay better than my old BFG MT's.

Hijack: Evans is closed until March, but is it legal to run the road system to the top through the ORV area? I didn't go in, I just ran up there and back so the family could play in the snow.

Evans isnt closed until dec 15th and no the roads withen the park wont be open either. The gate will be at the entrance off of the hwy 165 (mowich rd)

From my experience which is limited to 33" LTB's and 39.5 bias Iroks. I'd say the Iroks work quite well in the snow. Never seem to have a problem. I do run pretty much 0 psi front and rear in a truggy. The LTB's seemed to work pretty well too, since they have such a wide foot print and balloon even more with minumal air pressure.

Ultimately there is not going to be one single perfect snow tire since there are way too many variables to take into consideration.

Evans isnt closed until dec 15th and no the roads withen the park wont be open either. The gate will be at the entrance off of the hwy 165 (mowich rd)

Thanks Pokey:awesomework:. The new 80" width ruling has me grinning (barely), but the winter closure sure sucks.
<end hijack>