• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Best way to cut tires

Rasnick08

im runnin 47" LTBs. I know there is no easy way of doing it but what the best way to cut every other lug?

Rasnick08 said:
im runnin 47" LTBs. I know there is no easy way of doing it but what the best way to cut every other lug?

IMO, if you want to remove the entire lug, a torch/fire/bottle heater & a sharpened wood chisel is the only way to go

Works good for removing entire lugs.
41CMmpdriJL.jpg

I'm cheap and have the IdealTire Groover and a few blades for the smaller work. It sucks cutting in the winter unless the tires have been in a heated shop, but 50* and above it isnt too bad. I knocked out my entire spare last weekend in about 45 minutes. Just shy of a TN cut FWIW.

I got drunk and used a chainsaw with 18in bar one time!! :****: and turned out pretty good!! **** could go bad real quick thow!

Wood chisel welded to an air hammer works best for removing lugs. Dip it in a little oil ( don't need heat) BAM. Do a bogger in 15 minutes.

Rasnick08 said:
Why wouldn't I want to remove the entire lug?
I like the way you think.

I would say some people get nervous when hacking chuncks of rubber off of $400 + tires. They usually start small and do sipping or like quarter inch wide cuts in each lug. They eventually end up taking off entire lugs once the tires become worn down.