• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Big block Chevy engine temp.

Anthony1

How hot is to hot for a BBC? Just trying to get a idea at what temp I should shut it off? It recently had some changes to the radiator location and fans. I looked around a little on the internet and it looks like 230. Thanks:beer:

I dont remember mine getting any hotter than a normal SBC. so about 210-220. Thermo was 190 on mine BBC.

I'm not sure what degree thermostat is in it but when the radiator was in the stock location with the stock fan it never got above 200-210.

where is your sender? sender in the head will read more accurately than in the intake. if its in the head ide shut her down at 230..if its in the intake i would kill it at 220ish..the intake especially aluminum will be cooler..

where is your sender? sender in the head will read more accurately than in the intake. if its in the head ide shut her down at 230..if its in the intake i would kill it at 220ish..the intake especially aluminum will be cooler..

Lol I just sent you a message on Facebook. Its in the intake and the intake is aluminum.:awesomework: