• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Big tires or little tires

Ive seen small tires work alot more to get threw the same spot the bigger tire just roll threw. Bigger tires wider spacing , more grip right?

Ive seen small tires work alot more to get threw the same spot the bigger tire just roll threw. Bigger tires wider spacing , more grip right?

I've seen the opposite......where are we now?

More grip? Even a scientist would have a hard time definitely measuring all the variables. And even if you did, it'd be only for a specific rig, in certain conditions in a moment in time.

In reality, we can only make generalations......generalations are dangerous, in reality.

it's not the tire size. It's the idiot drivers, but idiot drivers with big tires will do more damage than idiot drivers with little tires.

Btw: You can use a winch for more than just getting unstuck. :awesomework: Shocker??

End of thread, carry on. :haha:

x 2.8

I think a problem we will be faced with is tire limitations. We all know the arguments, we all know a larger tire can move more earth faster than a smaller time.

I think its going to boil down to the agency's who manage the lands we wheel on are going to use tire limits because its a factor they can control.

I don't think its that far off and its something we will have to fight.

If a trail system is limited to 33" tires there will be people with cut 33" Boggers at 35 psi, 380hp and open diffs making the trails worse then they are now.
:stirpot:

I actually wrote something on this subject :mad:

But for the better of the forum I deleted it and wrote this :stirpot:

Happy wheelin everyone :hi:

How many guys running 33's have you seen run one tire 3 feet up a tree to get through a trail? :corn: My opinion is the Driver is always the one to do the damage no matter what rig, there are always choices to be made in wheelin.

How many guys running 33's have you seen run one tire 3 feet up a tree to get through a trail? :corn: My opinion is the Driver is always the one to do the damage no matter what rig, there are always choices to be made in wheelin.

What does tire size have to do with that? I can put 33's on my rig and do that.

Indeed. Because no matter what rig or equipment we have on it, there is a *potential* to do damage. It's up to the driver as to how he chooses his path.

This gets into the Big Tires need Big Axles arguement, which in turn makes Big Axles into Wide Axles, which in turn makes the Wide Axles need Wide Trails.

You NEVER see someone with a built Dana 60 running 33s. But you often see full width 60s running 40s, and driving up a tree to get thru the trail, which was originally built by some old timer in a Willys (which is waaaaay skinnier)

and for what it's worth, when's the last time you ran 33s Michael? Was it in the 90s?