• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

bike boots

leadfoot067

so i got this new pair of oniel clutch boots...rode with them for about 1.5 hours..my feet were pissed...looking for suggestions for a more comfortable boot.or how to soften these up? most of my riding is trails,and woods..

I wear my new dirtbike boots around the house, to work, to the store everywhere for a few days that helps soften them. I also soak them in the bathtub for a while then wear them wet and it helped break them in a little also.

I "break" my boot in by riding.......or you could where them to the store :rolleyes:..............or you could where them to supercross ....just make sure you have your jersey too........:rb:

get a pair of alpinestar Tech 8's

Best most comfortable boots i have ever had! I have have 2 pairs now in 10 years!! they are tuff boots!

but if your going to try and make these boots work wear them around wet for a couple hours or as long as you can stand it. that will soften them up for you!

good luck!:awesomework:

get a pair of alpinestar Tech 8's

Best most comfortable boots i have ever had! I have have 2 pairs now in 10 years!! they are tuff boots!

but if your going to try and make these boots work wear them around wet for a couple hours or as long as you can stand it. that will soften them up for you!

good luck!:awesomework:

X2 still got my originall set from 5yrs ago, great boots!!! By far the best I have seen:cool:

I've got the alpinestar tech 10's, they are super comfy. Best boots I have ever had. Alot of my buddies like them better than the tech 8's, they say they have better support and cushion.:awesomework:

I've got the alpinestar tech 10's, they are super comfy. Best boots I have ever had. Alot of my buddies like them better than the tech 8's, they say they have better support and cushion.:awesomework:

Your right! :awesomework:

But they cost more and when i started racing dirt bikes there were no such thing as tech 10's the best you could buy was the tech 8's and i had such good luck with them why would i ever change.

Your right! :awesomework:

But they cost more and when i started racing dirt bikes there were no such thing as tech 10's the best you could buy was the tech 8's and i had such good luck with them why would i ever change.

yeah the price has came down on them a bit since they first came out. I have a few buddys who really like the Gaerne SG10's also but the price is also up there with alpinestars.

My all time favorite boots are Sidi's, they have been out forever. I had a pair of these a while back but i grew out of them. The reason i went with the tech 10s was because i had a buddy who worked at cycle gear and got me a killer deal I couldnt pass up.

The sidis i think have the best support and comfort of all the other boots out there. They are a bit expensive but that is a alot better than a broken foot or ankle:awesomework: They can also be customized with different color buckles & protective colors which is cool

http://www.motonation.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=5&idproduct=45:cool:

so really..without having to spend 500 buks...i can return theses boots to cycle gear..but i dont ride enough to justify 500 buks for the tech8 boots...how bout the tech 3? any good?

alpinestar is the only way to go!!!!!! had oneils and hated them then bought tech 3's and love them!!!! well worth the money and all i do is trail ride

I know its hard to justify to spend 500 on a pair of boots but they will definately outlast any other boots. :awesomework: Boots and helmets are definately not something to scimp on when it comes to riding, even if you dont ride much. But if you can afford a decent pair of boots like tech 8's, tech 10's, gaerne sg10s or sidis definately go for it!

I have had cheaper boots before and the support and durability is just not the same. Wow i have not priced out boots in a long time but the prices sure have gone up! The last time i looked the prices of the tech 10s went down.

I think when i bought my tech 10s i paid 300 out the door.

so really..without having to spend 500 buks...i can return theses boots to cycle gear..but i dont ride enough to justify 500 buks for the tech8 boots...how bout the tech 3? any good?

What size do you wear? I've got some Tech6 boots that have been sitting for a couple years, but are still new in the box. I think they're 10.5 but I'll check if you're close.

they dont fit you right.
my new boots gave me some SLIGHT irritation after about 8 hrs.
come to find out, i just had them strapped too tight.:looser:

ive got the Fox F3's

Any of the Astars are good. I have the tech 6 cause I don't like the little bootie from the 8's and the 6's go up to size 16. I didn't have to break them in too much, but have had friends stand in the tub with their own boots on for a while. When mine get a little stiff from sitting dirty too long, I just use some leather oil and they soften right up and repel water better.

I usually order my stuff from Rocky mountain MC/ATV
http://www.rockymountainatv.com/home.do
No kind of affiliation with them just have had good service and they have some good closeout prices often.

Last edited:
Any of the Astars are good. I have the tech 6 cause I don't like the little bootie from the 8's and the 6's go up to size 16. I didn't have to break them in too much, but have had friends stand in the tub with their own boots on for a while. When mine get a little stiff from sitting dirty too long, I just use some leather oil and they soften right up and repel water better.

:awesomework:

so after talkin to the guys at cycle gear(where i bought the boots) i can return them.it seems the kid who advised me on how to fit them correctly was wrong.they are too small..so im gonna return these and try on some fox f3s and some alpinestars and get what feels good on my feet!! thanks for the help guys!!! i feel much more informed now:awesomework: