• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bilstein Rockcrawlin Coilovers

Boxxerace

Has anyone had any success or failures with the Bilstein coilovers? I thought they made some decent (normal) shock absorbers, but I have never seen anyone running they're gear.

rockshock4.jpg

That could be it, however I am looking at the 17" travel (just an example) 9100 rockcrawler at $312.00 each. That seems a little cheaper than Fox or Swayaway, or am I shopping at the wrong place?

As brad stated--they are expensive compared to everything else out there. And one thing you have to look at--I believe you have to get each and every piece for them....

As brad stated----I believe you have to get each and every piece for them....

Ahhh.... good point. I know springs are normally separate, but there may be other hardware missing. Crash, what were you running again? 2.0 Fox?

Yeah...you have to buy both springs and the dual rate kit plus the tender springs, if wanted, all seperately.

The SAW's I have ran about $400-$500 per corner if I remember correctly.

The SAW's I have ran about $400-$500 per corner if I remember correctly.

With a better aftermarket / small part support too. Curious, do any of these sub $800 coil-overs allow adjustment to the dampening aside from oil weight (if that) ? I come from tuning mountain bikes with adjustments at different velocity rates (slow / fast rebound and compression + rising rates) as well as ride height / spring / etc.

More is certainly not necessarly better, just want to know what options a guy has!

With a better aftermarket / small part support too. Curious, do any of these sub $800 coil-overs allow adjustment to the dampening aside from oil weight (if that) ? I come from tuning mountain bikes with adjustments at different velocity rates (slow / fast rebound and compression + rising rates) as well as ride height / spring / etc.

More is certainly not necessarly better, just want to know what options a guy has!

Fully adjustable--valving the whole works..
hard part is finding somebody who knows them. Both S&N and polly performance are really good at helping you get what you want..

Fully adjustable--valving the whole works..
hard part is finding somebody who knows them. Both S&N and polly performance are really good at helping you get what you want..

We have 2 customer vehicle's running around on 17" 9100's, they are just as tunable as the next.

Last edited:
312.00 each is that with both sets of springs and hardware? i priced these and it got to around 600.00 per corner with all hardware

speaking of valving.....

aren't the "rockcrawler" series c/o's the ones fitted w/ the 'divergant' piston instead of the normal more linear piston??

--Berne

Actually it's digressive.:fawkdancesmiley:

alright......look short round....:flipoff: :flipoff:

if you look at the graphs from a shock dyno.....they fawking diVERGE...

whatever....

but aren't those the ones w/ the NON-LINEAR pistons??

Yes, 312$ is what www.eshocks.com quotes (crappy site). As the others have said, it does not cover the springs, other hardware and the spring seats (whatever those are called).

You know though, I did get a great quote from a company on Pirate for Sway's. Something just over a grand for four 2.0 Sways with remote res. Dual rate kit was 70$ apiece. Not bad my friends, not bad.