• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

BK Buggy Build

infamous1 said:
Use a vaccum lift, fifty bucks or so on Amazon, I used it on my rear rad setul and it works like a champ!!

I had to use one of those on mine, worked great.

BustedKnucklefilms said:
New Climb at Stoney
BUSTED KNUCKLE BUGGY vs. TERRACE HILTON

I still dont think I have all of the air out of the cooling system. I tends to get hot.
What are the tricks to getting the air out? I backed it up a hill and filled up the radiator? Running a dual pass radiator with no thermostat. Do i need a restrictor plate in place of a thermostat to slow the water down?

Did you pull anything on the heads? I pulled the temp sender on driver side and pull plug on back of passenger side. Run it until I get a good flow no gargling sounds. Helps if you have a friend to pour it in while you bleed it off.

Steam ports are plugged. We are going to try a 180 or 190 thermostat and see if that helps. Or just figure out a better way to get all of the air out.

BustedKnucklefilms said:
Steam ports are plugged. We are going to try a 180 or 190 thermostat and see if that helps. Or just figure out a better way to get all of the air out.
Steam ports are tied together! The one on the driver side has a small rubber hose that is plugged off! Just FYI ;)

BustedKnucklefilms said:

If the steam ports are plugged or just crossed to each other then they may as well be plugged. And the better way of getting air out is utilizing the steam ports as they were intended. Run a small hose from the steam port back to the radiator. You will need a small bung welded into the upper portion of the radiator to accomplish this. Or you could drill and tap the water pump for a fitting but I'd recommend taking the hose to the radiator.

BustedKnucklefilms said:
New Climb at Stoney
BUSTED KNUCKLE BUGGY vs. TERRACE HILTON

I still dont think I have all of the air out of the cooling system. I tends to get hot.
What are the tricks to getting the air out? I backed it up a hill and filled up the radiator? Running a dual pass radiator with no thermostat. Do i need a restrictor plate in place of a thermostat to slow the water down?

Mine does this once in a blue moon, I have a rear mounted griffin with a 5.3. I put it on level ground and take off the top hose on the water pump coming from the radiator, then fill the hose and water pump full of fluid, place hose back on the pump neck and its good to go... I have never had much success with getting air bubbles out of mine by backing up on a hill with the radiator being higher than the engine then trying to fill the radiator to get rid of the air