• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Blowing Oil?

tyleecw

Got a 2002 1500HD with the 6.0. Long story short made a trip with the trailer loaded to Florida and used a quart of oil. Little specs of oil all over the side and back of truck, trailer too.
Filled it back up with oil and drove home. Changed oil and checked the PVC valve. Took another trip to Birmingham and did it again but not as bad. I do give it hell sometimes getting on the interstate and climbing hills. There no obvious signs of leaking.

My question is WTF? Am I missing something totally obvious?

sounds like you haven't found where its leaking yet... maybe the oil cooler lines are leaking only when the oil is hot...

tyleecw said:
Got a 2002 1500HD with the 6.0. Long story short made a trip with the trailer loaded to Florida and used a quart of oil. Little specs of oil all over the side and back of truck, trailer too.
Filled it back up with oil and drove home. Changed oil and checked the PVC valve. Took another trip to Birmingham and did it again but not as bad. I do give it hell sometimes getting on the interstate and climbing hills. There no obvious signs of leaking.

My question is WTF? Am I missing something totally obvious?

There was a gm replacement pcv valve that was just a hollow replacement with just a TINY whole in the bottom, see if you can find one like that

The PVC was my first thought but, seemed fine. I'll look for the replacement with a small hole and try that. Thanks

Little update, changed the PVC valve and headed to Myrtle Beach. Got there and truck lost no oil. Got back home to middle Tennessee and still full of oil. This trip wasn't pulling a trailer and very lightly loaded. Still can't see where the oil had been blowing out from to get all over it on the sides and back. WTF???

Thanks for all the comments so far and going to check the oil pressure sending unit soon.