• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

LS7/zr1 oil pan?

Dirt700

I was going to get a champ oil pan today, and decided to call Burkey since I ordered several things from him. He suggested one of these new ls7 pans. Said it had really good baffles in it. Are they improved over the f body pans? I have read every post I could find about LS oil pans. I was settled on the champ, with morso and mast after that. Want a good pan, but don't want to break the bank either.

If any of y'all on here can get the hook up on one of the pans I mentioned, that would be cool. :dblthumb: not wanting a kevko, don't want to mess with remote filter

Dirt700 said:
If any of y'all on here can get the hook up on one of the pans I mentioned, that would be cool. :dblthumb: not wanting a kevko, don't want to mess with remote filter

do you already have an Fbody pan?

If so, just get the Improved Racing baffle and bolt it in and never think twice about it. Add an accumulator if you really want to, but I dont bother with one - I have never had an oil pressure issue.

There are tons of options for pans out there, a lot of them are WAY more expensive than they need to be...if you have the Fbody pan already, the baffle is the cheapest option and will get you the exact same thing as the other manufactured baffle pans.

slravenel said:
do you already have an Fbody pan?

If so, just get the Improved Racing baffle and bolt it in and never think twice about it. Add an accumulator if you really want to, but I dont bother with one - I have never had an oil pressure issue.

There are tons of options for pans out there, a lot of them are WAY more expensive than they need to be...if you have the Fbody pan already, the baffle is the cheapest option and will get you the exact same thing as the other manufactured baffle pans.
I have truck pan, Jake said the one he sells is around $260, a champ with oil filter adapter is around 400

Dirt700 said:
I have truck pan, Jake said the one he sells is around $260, a champ with oil filter adapter is around 400

yea if you have to buy a new pan all together, then that $260 pre-baffled is probably the ticket.

the improved racing baffle is just under $200 and it bolts into a standard fbody pan.

In my opinion I think the whole baffle thing gets over complicated a bit somewhat, you can make a baffle yourself that will work perfectly as well. After looking at a bunch of different designs, one thing is in common....they are all really simple designs laughing1

$260 is a good price for a new pan with baffle. As long as it bolts up fine and clears everything you have...seems like a good option!

slravenel said:
yea if you have to buy a new pan all together, then that $260 pre-baffled is probably the ticket.

the improved racing baffle is just under $200 and it bolts into a standard fbody pan.

In my opinion I think the whole baffle thing gets over complicated a bit somewhat, you can make a baffle yourself that will work perfectly as well. After looking at a bunch of different designs, one thing is in common....they are all really simple designs laughing1

$260 is a good price for a new pan with baffle. As long as it bolts up fine and clears everything you have...seems like a good option!
I may give a shot, thanks for the input

Well I just ordered it. It was a mast pan, not sure why he didn't say that first. Well under 500 with accumulator adapter

Latest posts