• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

bluetooth speakers for what we do??? help

wcompton

Ok guys im in the market for a portable/waterproof/bluetooth speaker for the jeep..i just recently ripped all wiring out and rewired my necessities..now im need a sound system but i decided i didnt want to run all new wiring and buy a new set up..is there anyone using these little bluetooth ones in their rig any recommendations??

I've got a few buddies using them. 2 of them are on razors and the other is on a buggy. They have a really nice clear sound and can get incredibly loud if you want to crank up the volume. Not sure what the models are but the brand on all 3 is Wet Sounds. I'm planning to re-wire my jeep this winter and I'll probably go to one of these Bluetooth systems as well since everything plays off my phone anyways.

Wet sounds are nice,, I bought 2 ue boom speakers and I love them, use them everywhere not only I'm my rig, $170 each. I use them everyday for hands free phone conversation also

I just installed a bluetooth amp and " waterproof wakeboard tower" speakers in my rig from Sonic Electroinics online. Also have a couple of 4" in an enclosure in front of my shifters (its YJ).
Bass is a bit lacking in my setup, but I don't listen to gangsta rap, so its fine by me. The last trip out my buddies in the rig in front of me said they could hear it unless we were all on the skinny pedal. All mu music comes from my phone via bluetooth.

Wet sounds work very well, I have the 10 speaker sound bar in my shop and several people that I now have them on their sxs.

I just got the WS stealth 10 bar a few months ago, It has been a great device, only down side is there is not much bass, don't get me wrong it has just enough bass but I plan on running a separate sub with it.

I just bought one of the 30 dollar Walmart cheapies and its surprised the **** out of me. We use my wife's phone and pandora. Gonna buy another just to have a pair. As good as it sounds I can only imagine what a good name brand would sound like.

wcompton said:
I think im gonna try a braven brv-x ..anyome heard of em
I heard one of their smaller models at Sam's club and it sounded pretty good. I would expect good things from the bigger one.

jta said:
I have one of these that I'm pretty happy with. It doesn't sound as good as my Bose unit but it's less than half the price and it mounts on a camera tripod. I have it on a roll bar camera mount.

http://www.amazon.com/ECOXGEAR-Waterproof-Wireless-Bluetooth-Speaker/dp/B00CSDSU72

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BDB1QSA/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1433804222&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=roll+bar+camera+mount&dpPl=1&dpID=41GQt6OD%2BCL&ref=plSrch

I have had one of these for a while. Works pretty good. I wish it were a little louder because it can be hard to hear at speed but the battery life is awesome and it doubles as a USB charger in a pinch. Plus it floats.

creepycrawly said:
I have had one of these for a while. Works pretty good. I wish it were a little louder because it can be hard to hear at speed but the battery life is awesome and it doubles as a USB charger in a pinch. Plus it floats.

I like the mounting options for this one..how loud is it tho?? Would i be able to hear it clearly in the jeep no top, no doors on the trail..since it never goes faster than 20mph??

wcompton said:
I like the mounting options for this one..how loud is it tho?? Would i be able to hear it clearly in the jeep no top, no doors on the trail..since it never goes faster than 20mph??
I haven't had any problems hearing mine on the trail.

wcompton said:

Absolutely. The only time I have an issue hearing it is when I am going fast in the RZR. No issues in the jeep.

I bought my wife a wet sounds bar for her buggy and I put it in my buggy to test and I can hear it fine with open headers! It's awesome :****:

Ran across this thread on Pirate4x4 about Bluetooth speakers. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/electrical-wiring/2052826-bluetooth-ipod-speaker.html

A couple guys say they had good luck with Skull Candy Air Raid speaker=
$_12.JPG

One guy said he simply zip ties it to the cage of his rig.

Re:

Wet sounds are awesome, but a bit pricey for me. I am going to run a small amp, with a Bluetooth to rca dongle in my jeep, then just run the amp to a set of tower speakers, I think it should sound pretty good and be cheap

So I thought it was pricey too but this is my logic and and justification for spending the money on it, by the time I spent 100-150$ on a boat head unit and wiring , marine amp (100-250$) and some tower speakers (100-250) I would have nearly the same money in the system and still need to package thy bulky setup to look clean and not consume tons of space , wet sounds wrapped all that into one and packages it like a light bar easy ... Fit my application perfectly

Rockwells607 said:
So I thought it was pricey too but this is my logic and and justification for spending the money on it, by the time I spent 100-150$ on a boat head unit and wiring , marine amp (100-250$) and some tower speakers (100-250) I would have nearly the same money in the system and still need to package thy bulky setup to look clean and not consume tons of space , wet sounds wrapped all that into one and packages it like a light bar easy ... Fit my application perfectly
No head unit necessary if you use a bluetooth amp and use your phone for the music.
I spent $150 on waterproof tower speakers and $109 on a bluetooth AMP. $25 in cables.

That said - those wetsounds bars do sound awesome....