• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

bolted tires

Rockwells607

please anyone who has made a set of these...tell me more, i think i need a set and just picked up a spare set of wheels and 2 well used 44 inch ground hawgs...im thinkin they are gonna be the ticket for some winter wheelin here in NY, my plan is to drill the holes with a pick drill for sleds...what size bolts etc. are my main question i guess and do i need a washer for a backing plate inside the tire or will a carriage bolt be sufficient? :driving:

You don't need bolts, you've got some old school bad assness going on with the ground hawgs

I have made several sets. I used refrigerator foot bolts. They already have the wide washer head made on them foor the foot part that contacts the floor..Maybe 5-6 nuts just according to tread height. Tightened down to squashing the rubber tread lightly.Try not to over tighten but it's a fine line if their too lose they will rip out and leak. Tighten all the nuts up.Weld the last nut up. Try not to get it too hot it will melt the tire. around the bolt. I have run a boot and I have run a tube. I have slimed the inside and rubber cemented the inside. I have seen several ways to make them but this seemed to hold up the best for me.