• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

bored dana 60 spindles???

97trxuszj

I am curious who is running with their rear d60s that have 35 splines that had there spindles machined, how they are holding up. I am thinking of building up a cheap rear 60 and just get the spindles bored out. if I had the cash I would get the d60/14 hybrid but thats out of the question. this is going under a grand cherokee with 38's

I bored mine and I'm not too worried about it. The outside diameter of a 14 bolt spindle (stock 35 spline) and a 30 spline D60 spindle is the same, along with a D70. They they dont get as thin as everyone says.

Is it done on a lathe, or is there an "attachment" that goes on the axle to act as a guide or something?

I am curious who is running with their rear d60s that have 35 splines that had there spindles machined, how they are holding up. I am thinking of building up a cheap rear 60 and just get the spindles bored out. if I had the cash I would get the d60/14 hybrid but thats out of the question. this is going under a grand cherokee with 38's

Yep, bored, holding up fine.

I bored mine and I'm not too worried about it. The outside diameter of a 14 bolt spindle (stock 35 spline) and a 30 spline D60 spindle is the same, along with a D70. They they dont get as thin as everyone says.

BTW the 14 bolt is 30 spline 1.69" shaft, and a D60 35 spl. is 1.50", D60 30 spline is 1.31". Got my specs off of Pirate.

Latest posts