• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bought a buggy got the HOSE!!!

collinmaune said:
I sold the buggy to this guy as is I stated the previous owner told me the axles had 5:13 gears and front and rear Detroit lockers. The price of 9,000 of which I bought the buggy for was without wheels and tires. The buggy was not tuned and seats were not mounted in the buggy as I told the buyer I was selling as is. I have since bought a Detroit locker for the front and it is in route to the house in the effort to make the sale right.

Way to stand up! thumb.gif

collinmaune said:
I sold the buggy to this guy as is I stated the previous owner told me the axles had 5:13 gears and front and rear Detroit lockers. The price of 9,000 of which I bought the buggy for was without wheels and tires. The buggy was not tuned and seats were not mounted in the buggy as I told the buyer I was selling as is. I have since bought a Detroit locker for the front and it is in route to the house in the effort to make the sale right.

Glad to see you make an effort. Makes all the difference in the world.

OP: he did say to the house. I think he meant his house.

JohnG said:
Understand, but the gears could have been checked visually by rolling it and counting the drive shaft revolutions to get you real close. Not saying you are wrong, because you are not, but you would have caught a 4 cylinder engine, correct? You also did not do due dilligence.

The guy I bought mine from, gave me receipts for the parts. and he is not on here or I would have set him out when I discovered last fall.

creepycrawly said:
Glad to see you make an effort. Makes all the difference in the world.

OP: he did say to the house. I think he meant his house.
Yep it will be a good day of delivery, he has since texted me!!

Stand up guy, he dont owe you any gears in my book, be lucky ur getting a locker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man if it started a bitch thread everytime I bought a buggy and it had a couple problems I'd be famous. Should I be start a thread cause my stak pops out of gear even tho he said it was fixed? **** no its called dealing with it :gtfo:

truckbroke said:
LMAO... How did I know that was coming!! I`ll tell ya this she`s in the 800cc club!! Go big or go home!
z

Got dam. Just bought my woman some. Hers aren't anywhere close to that big. :eek:

When I sold my one ton axle set with 513/detroits ...guy and his dad say" can we take the diff covers off and have a look" problem solved :dunno:

xjemily said:
When I sold my one ton axle set with 513/detroits ...guy and his dad say" can we take the diff covers off and have a look" problem solved :dunno:
They probably assumed you didn't know what you were talking about! :stir:

xjemily said:

I had a guy show up at my house and do the same once... was like 'WTF man, I told you what gears and locker it has' and borderline insulted they didnt believe me. in hindsight and in light of this thread, I guess I should do the same sorta due diligence myself

y2knole said:
I had a guy show up at my house and do the same once... was like 'WTF man, I told you what gears and locker it has' and borderline insulted they didnt believe me. in hindsight and in light of this thread, I guess I should do the same sorta due diligence myself

As John pointed out, you can check the ratio by spinning and counting. A locker vs welded should be readily apparent when jacked up and spinning tires as well, but pulling the cover would allow you to check for the milkshake this thing had in it as well as chipped teeth...but not always practical, especially if meeting in a parking lot.

I will say this though: you aren't going to show up and start pulling diff covers off a vehicle I am selling. A set of axles, maybe. But I am funny about putting used oil back in stuff.

A little different but when I picked up my th400 the guy had a bunch to choose from. He said pick one and we'll take it up to the shop and pull the pan. If I didn't like what I saw I could pick another. He could've said hey, they're cores, you get what you get but he was definitely a cool guy to work with.

I know with this ton set I just spent a small fortune on, I've kept the invoices/emails . That way if I ever go to sell I have proof of all the good stuff in it.

But I know you can't always do that, especially when you get something 2nd hand.