• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bought me a trail side welder...

Read the instructions twice. Use it at home before you NEED to on the trail. Buy another spool, gloves, and glasses and put them in the case.

Seeing one in your possession at the trails convinced me that its a thing to have.. Lol... I was too busy diagnosing my broken axles to watch you use it though...

But... I'm one step closer to being self sufficient in my repairs... Ie fab'n my warn winch mount for the sammi...

I think I've got a generic dry cell blue top battery in the sammi now... Probly going to pick up another one, same type/size...

Do you disconnect the truck from the batts when you perform a trail weld? Picked it up off Craig's list new...

Seeing one in your possession at the trails convinced me that its a thing to have.. Lol... I was too busy diagnosing my broken axles to watch you use it though...

But... I'm one step closer to being self sufficient in my repairs... Ie fab'n my warn winch mount for the sammi...

I think I've got a generic dry cell blue top battery in the sammi now... Probly going to pick up another one, same type/size...

Do you disconnect the truck from the batts when you perform a trail weld? Picked it up off Craig's list new...

Oh ya you want them separated from the vehicle voltage wise. There is a reason I have wing nuts for my battery cables at the batteries in ease of hooking it all up. All I had to do was make a short jumper cable to go from the neg of one battery to the positive of another that way you get 24volts. I know many folks have used a single battery and gotten away with it but I have found running 24volts to be more successful on trail fix's...

My kit comes with 'series jumpers'... 2' wire with eyelets basically... So yea, I get the concept... Mine has a quick disconnect option that I could leave it semi-hard wired under the hood... Then just plug my stinger into it and go... I'll do some reading and make sure I get it all right...

Nothin like gettin a half ass welder to fix half ass welds on the trail.

Hers a thought, maybe buy a nice QUALITY NON fluxcore home/shop welder and then **** wont be falling off and need to be welded on in the trail.

I have NEVER seen well built rig need a welder on trail.

That welder is about the same caliber as an optima battery. They look great and perform like poopoo.

Nothin like gettin a half ass welder to fix half ass welds on the trail.

Hers a thought, maybe buy a nice QUALITY NON fluxcore home/shop welder and then **** wont be falling off and need to be welded on in the trail.

I have NEVER seen well built rig need a welder on trail.

That welder is about the same caliber as an optima battery. They look great and perform like poopoo.

That won't get a rig off the trail and I have gotten many rigs off the trail with mine.. I have gotten well built rigs off the trail with mine because simply **** breaks...

People running trail gear stuff should have a welder at all times :p

(not pointed at anyone in particular, just lots of TG **** floating around)

**** happens.

I've torn off the panhard mount from my front axle.
I've was there when a buddy's D44 knuckle broke in half, and we welded the broken part to the caliper hanger, and drove the guy out.
I was on the Rubicon, when a TJ tore the link mounts off the front axle. Kevin (JPFreak) used batteries and stick welding to weld it back up for the guy.

;-)

Then perhaps I should get a small gas bottle to run argon and co2 in the sammi so I CAN run solid core wire... It'll do that...

I have NO welder at the moment... And this stinger is versatile enough to be trail ready... Or plug into any ground unit... Seemed like a step in the right direction at this time.... As I slowly acquire the necessary tools for the hobby...

What does a 'better' welder/stinger have that this one doesn't? I only ask, cause I don't know... Last time I welded was with stick as an iron worker... This is my first introduction to mig welders...

GREAT tool to have on the trail. Our group has carried one for about 5 years and it has saved our ass many times. I suggest you practice with it at home to get used to it.

Latest posts