• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Braided Brake lines question...

MuleSkinner1399

MuleSkinner II
Looking to replace my shitty brake lines (leaks often etc) with some braided brake lines. Front axle is a DANA 60, rear is a DANA 70. Anyone know the dims that i would need off the top of their head? I would like to order some today if i knew the length I needed (buggy across town cant access it right away to measure myself).

Thanks!

I found that all the local retailers including 4whl parts only have a max length of like 20 or 22". If you ask for extended braided lines for an XJ. So I ran hard lines to lower sections of my chassis tubing then tucked the braided lines along the backside of my truss so I could get plenty of flex and keep the line safe from objects.

Obviously any hydro shop can make any length you need

I ordered the braided lines with the Teflon liners that use a ferrel in the fittings, these worked great, very easy to put together. And you can order several different length rolls, but your going to have to figure out what all fittings your going to need.All I had to do was tape the spots where I wanted to cut, cut it with a cut off wheel, pull off the tape put on the fitting then take a pair of pliers and gently squeeze the braided part to get it to open up enough to put on the ferrel then bolt the two pieces of the fitting together. This style works great and a lot easier to put together than normal braided lines.